xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
feroze

Help With Bluetooth,infrared

Hello guys I need to know wot exactly is bluetooth My father has it but doesnt know wot it is.I tried connecting my comp to my Nokia 8210 ifrared ports.But it didnt work .It never detected anything. :D btw wots LAN and PAN? Wots wireless LAN?Is bluetooth used to share files?If so Whats the speed?Besides in my Computer When ever it boots up a 'Add New Hardware' keeps poping up even when i havent put any new device.What should i do to dsolve it?It gets very annoying!Can i connect my fathers computer and mine with some Cable do u need any new hardware component or anything??Which processor is better? Pentium 4 or AMD Athilon?What is a proxy?Which is the best firewall?Plz answer my questions since i need to know them badly.My school is gonna have a techie quiz soon and i would like to win it ,so plz help meThx in Advance :D

This is kind of late, but let's answer your questions here. :lol:

That won't work because bluetooth doesn't work with infrared. It's a newer technology than infrared.

WAN is wide area network. PAN is Personal Area Network. Rather than having me go into more details, I did a search and this site should explain all the different networks for you.

Wireless LAN is just a Local Area Network (it could be your home network or company network) where you can access it wirelessly.

Bluetooth is used to transfer small files only. It's never meant to transfer huge files because the speed is not exactly that fast. It is, however, faster than infrared :lol: It's about 721 Kbps transfer speed. Basically Bluetooth is used to exchange small amounts of information. You will usually see these in cell phones or wireless headsets for cell phones. One example is to use it to transfer a your phone number (or phonebook) from one cell phone to another.

What new hardware is it? I think it usually tells the user what kind of device it is in that Add New Hardware window.

If you want to connect two computers together, you might need to get new hardware parts if you don't have them already. I assume you want them to share files? The easiest way to do this is to use two network interface cards (one for each computer) and then connect them with a crossover cable. If you have high speed internet and a router, then it would probably be even easier if you use the router to connect the two computers together.

You will have different responses for this. The Pentium 4 and the AMD Athlon seems to work better in some programs/games and not in others. So I say go with the one you like more. If I had a choice, I would choose an Athlon since the pricest are cheaper and I don't think there is a huge performance difference between the two brands.

I assume you meant, what is a proxy server? Take a look at the Wikepedia site for a detailed explanation.

Another question which will have various opinions on it. There is almost no such thing as a best in terms of common programs like a firewall. I have used both Sygate and ZoneAlarm before. I like ZoneAlarm better. Both are free for personal use.

I think that covers everything :lol:

OK bluetooth is like a wireless system that lets you connect thing together. It can be 2 phone together, a phone with a pc, a phone with a printer. It can be wahtever, but it must have bluetooth. Bluetooth is like infrared, the diference is, that with bluetooth you can connect farther away, meanwhile with a infrared You MUST keep the objects togehter. A good bluetooth device let you connect from 100meter away. Some people uses bluetooth from their phone to their earpiece, so you don't have a wire. In some states bluetooth is prohibited. You can share whatever you want with bluetooth, from a picture, to a mp3 song, ora a video clip.. To connect ton bluetooth devices together, make sure the bluetooth is on by both. and you must set one of them to be visible so the other one can find it and add it. so you can browse each others files.

Bluetooth can share small files in a short range, was that 10M? can't remember exactly, if you want share large files in an area, say home, just use a LAN or a more advanced wireless LAN.if you only have to computers that want to share files or play LAN pc games, you can just buy a Xover cable and plug to their sockets, then way to go.if you computer keeps doing that, possiblely because there are some hardwares you did not install drives, so just find it out and install drive for that device.