xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

The Super Game! Want to help create a super game?

What is your favourite game genre?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I want to create a 'Super Game'. By this I mean a game which is very popular but before we can do this we need to know what the people want. I would be very grateful if you could do the poll and/or answer the following questions:

1) What is your favourite game ever?

i) Why?

2) What would you like to see in a game?

3) What game do you want next?

Thank you very much. Any replies will be grately appreciated, even if you only do the poll, it'll help a lot. Of course, if you have any questions then feel free to e-mail us at vusay@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you.

Lee Webber - Vusay

Hello Lee! (I'm quite sure I don't know you)

What I think : (Like you care!)

1) Project IGI2

i) Because it is so realistic and is modelled by Chris Ryan!

2) A game where you can just walk into any shop or building anywhere on the map.

3) Mercenaries? Not sure really.

I've bookmarked us...I'll help with whatever I can. In fact I already have a super-game idea.It'd be a simple game with a 2-d board, but it'd be different in, well, lots of ways...But as a start, we need a solo game in which you can move around on the board.Edit:1) Hmm... it used to be Starship Traders/The Last Resort because of the... well, the 'feel' of the game... as well as the lack of rules :D2) More visual-type stuff. SST/TLR is text-based; I like visual, even if it's ASCII like the Rougelikes (as well as the few rules as TLR)3) See aboveEdit again: I really want a game that combines everything... just put it all in there.

OMG ihope, I'm really sorry. I didn't actuallt mean a team, just for people to come up with suggestions. Really sorry, my fault. I feel really bad now. Ah, I'll ask YOU if I need anything then, to try and make up for it, but I'm not actually recruiting people. Really, really, really sorry. But thanks for your suggestions anyway. Really helpful. I really hope I havnt annoyed you loads. I'll talk to you later then. If you want, e-mail me so that I can get your e-mail adress, and if I need anything I'll ask you first. So kind of a team I suppose. Once again, really sorry.Lee Webber

Hey, it wasn't like my life depended on being part of the 'team' or anything :DAnd I don't code anything... I just don't. I know how to do it but whenever I try I just end up not doing it :DSo, yeah, there's my idea anyway...Do whatever you want with it.

Hi, I think that personally FPS are the best types of games. My shelf is littered with shooters and FPS's. I don't know what program your working with, but I'm guessing it'll be probably a game design program similiar to Dark Basic or Blitz Basic. I think if you can aim for the graphics of something like Medal Of Honour (PS1) or some of the older PC FPS's like IGI (first version) or rogue spear then you'd be on the right tracks. As long as the game plays good I think the graphics don't really matter too much.What is your favourite game ever? My favourite game of all time? It's a difficult one. If I had to choose I would probably say Medal Of Honour Allied Assault. It's still good today after it's many years on the market. I know that WWII games are in decline, but still think there is a market out there if you are good enough.What would you like to see in a game? I think that the best elements that should be in a game is probably realism. I can't get enough of it in FPS's. I would like to see more work with the British Forces, possibly the Special Air Service (S.A.S) instead of the US Delta Force. It's been a while since the last british fighting sim came out and I'd like to see another one.What game do you want next?I think the next game on my list will most probably be one of the newer Medal Of Honour projects, although I would like to see a better market in the field of the Gulf War. Conflict Desert Storm was about the best we had and I think that it's time for a new leader. Anything from modern day combat would be great I think. Thanks for your time. Sean Webber.

1) What is your favourite game ever?Kingdom Hearts, but if I had played Final Fantasy that would probably be iti) Why?Because the graphics are so awesome. And the plot is cool.2) What would you like to see in a game?Good graphics. Good background stroy to keep me interested and playing. Easy to control. Multiple worlds, effects.3) What game do you want next?Um, what do you mean by this question.Hope I helped a little bit. I would go into further detail but I have to get to work. Also, I like playing The Sims 2 because the graphics are awesome. If you can tell, I really like graphics. Good Luck!

I prefer action over most anything. Sports are fun also. Action just really draws me to the game and that's the kind of thing that keeps me playing for hours.

lols r u kiddiing mi.. creating a SUPER GAME.. y not call a SUPER DUPER GAME.. lols.. its hard n hard n hard.. u gonna take a billion yrs for u 2 get it popular bcoz people plae games wif good graphics..u gonna do alot of work n spend a billiion yrs for ur own to complete this project..jk jk :lol::lol:

Sorry- skipping the "my favorite game question..."OK- here is a game that I would love to see developed. It would combine both RTS and FPS. The overall gist would be a commander-type role using an RTS-style interface to control FPS-gamers.This opens up a whole can of worms, but I think with some careful thought it could be do-able. A player-ranking system would be necessary to keep sadistic-ha-ha-I-just-sent-you-to-your-doom commanders, I-have-absolutely-no-idea-of-what's-going-on commanders/soldiers, and I-don't-give-a-hoot-what-the-commander-wants-me-to-do soldiers all in check.If I'm not making sense, ask me a question and I'll try to clarify if this idea sounds cool to you.

I think FarCry is the best game I've ever played. Great graphics, very good and difficult to beat AI and the gameplay is just awesome. If you ever want to buy a game and you don't have FarCry yet (what btw would be quite stupid :P ) then you realy should buy it.-=jeroen=-

1) What is your favourite game ever? - Counter-Strike 1.6 i) Why? - Very good FPS ,& i like playing in team :P2) What would you like to see in a game? - :P mm.... yes first good graphisme , 2end the game where you can playing with all gamerz in the word in one seveur for free , & where you can call too the exterior "ex :calling for a pitzza when are playing the game " :P 3) What game do you want next? - Zelda , :P .

ok first off there is no way to make a super game the resons are very simple if you think about it, people all have diffrent ideas mostly due to game type preference on what a super game would be, a common ground could never be r3eached due to human nauture of sticking by their own opinion

Sorry- skipping the "my favorite game question..."

OK- here is a game that I would love to see developed. It would combine both RTS and FPS.

The overall gist would be a commander-type role using an RTS-style interface to control FPS-gamers.

This opens up a whole can of worms, but I think with some careful thought it could be do-able.

A player-ranking system would be necessary to keep sadistic-ha-ha-I-just-sent-you-to-your-doom commanders, I-have-absolutely-no-idea-of-what's-going-on commanders/soldiers, and I-don't-give-a-hoot-what-the-commander-wants-me-to-do soldiers all in check.

If I'm not making sense, ask me a question and I'll try to clarify if this idea sounds cool to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You described the halflife mod "Natural Selection".

Do you play it ?

And u21webberl i wouldnt suggest you too make a 3d game.

There are so many good 3d games you can buy.

You could make a hard arcade style game with online highscores!

Wich programming language or gamemaker do you use ?