xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Favourite Website Colour Favourite colour for a website

What is your favourite colour for a website background/theme?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi. Sorry if this has already been done or whatever but before I start making my website here, I was wondering what people find the best colour for a website. It could be for the theme, background colour buttons or anything really. I think blue and I think most people do but I want to get this looking really good and professional. Any replies will be greatly appreciated and again I apolozise if I'm doing something completely wrong. I'm sure you all love newbies really ;-)

Oh yehr. Rite, I know your fed up of me apolozising for everything but I have a typical newbies question here. Bear with me here. How do you actually make the website. Is it plain coding or is there an editor or something. I know you're all going to bite my head off here but I need to know what it is like before I do it. Now I'm going to sit back and whatch all the 'newbie abuse' pile up.

The color must reflect the theme of the site. So any color is great enough if it matches the theme of the site. :D But be sure to use those non-dithering color in your site. Specialy in the background becuase they can be easily seen. However in small text its ok to use those colors that dithers. Anyways, before i pick a color, what will the site be for and what will its content be?

There are two ways in making a page. One is by coding everyting and the other is by using WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get) editor. WYSIWYG editors gives you an approximation of what your page will look like. It is like using the Microsoft Word. You type text and create list. You also creates table. THe most common editors are the one from Microsoft, FrontPage and the one from Netscape, Netscape Composer. But WYSIWYG editor does not give you total control to the looks and feel of your page and most of the times they add codes that is out of HTML standard some data that is unecessary thus making your page takes much byte. The direct coding of HTML on the other hand is much more fun and a little bit difficult for those who hate coding things up :D YOu must know what HTML language is and how it works to start creating a page but like I said its fun and it gives you more power on designing your page. For complete reference on HTML and how to code it visit the site of the organization who is responsible for HTML standards. www. w3c.org.In general I would suggest that you have to learn coding HTML to create a page becuase for me you will remain a newbie until you know how to code HTML or understand fullly the language that made the Internet more popular than ever.Good luck.P.S. If you want to know some things about HTML just drop me a message :D

Thanks saga. I'm going to use white and blues I think. Well, I suppose a bit like this site. And I used to code HTML all the time. I don't know how much I can rember though, long time ago. Now I use the BASIC launguage for designing games so it seems as if I'm going to be looking over 'HTML for dummies' a bit more. But thanks for re-plying.

I personally love the way lime green looks on teal... I'm using it for my newest site (and I'd show you but my host decided to raise my hosting plan from $4/mo to $9.95/mo so I cancelled it :/ That's why I'm here!)

Hmm... i like my site to look clean, so I prefer white (it's my favourite colour too) and another color as main color. Site that using dull colour will make me feel dull too.

I personally like a white background with light blue menu and logo's etc, they seem to compliment each other well. I find a black background a bit much on the eyes, but we all have our own personal prefernces. I like the colour layout of this particular forum, its nice and not too in your face.

I like having a dark shade of gray, a very light shade of grey, a bold colour for borders and a contrasting colour to the main colour only in a much lighter shade for backgrounds.It works very well and it comes out with very unique, readible results. Right now, my colours for me new site are#f9f9f9 (the light grey)#444444 (the dark grey)#ddee55 (the bold colour)#c1cfd7 (the shade)

I tend to stay away from white or other bright colors for backgrounds, as it burns my eyes, and i find it may lead to eye strain.. yet a subtle grey or subdued colors make good backgrounds, they are light on the eyes.As for color schematics, it depends on the site theme, and your demographic. For my gaming page, i went for a black and green look with silvers.For my Clubbing/Style website, i went with a hot pink, grey and subdued violet. And for a High contrast, some black.My current site, a discussion forum for the Chic and the Geek, I am going for a light blues look. It all depends on your personal preference and audience really.

White as background is usually easier on the eyes. Black is nice for those with vision problems, but careful what color text is used because people wouldn't be able to read the words.If you have older people going to your site, you need to think about their being able to enjoy what they see and not complain about the wild colors and flashing lights and loud music.I was taught that the best site is a simple one, using text color for contrast and not having too many features that jump out at a visitor.One way to get around this, is have your colorful background and text on another page and tell the visitor that this is the same version, just more brilliant in color and effects.Don't forget that not all your web visitors have broadband, some are still on dial up.

It all depends on how you design your website... Personally I like white or even shades of grey like rkage suggest...

#f9f9f9 (the light grey)

#444444 (the dark grey)

#ddee55 (the bold colour)

#c1cfd7 (the shade)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the main thing to remember is when you chose a background colour make sure the other colors do not bend in with it. The thing I hate about a lot of websites is that they sometimes chose font colours that blend into there backgrounds which makes it really hard to read. So when you do chose a background colour make sure that the other colours do not blend into it.