xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qwijibow

Kopete Still Alive Kicking, And Once Again compatale with MSN network.

Anti trust laws prevent microsoft from banning non customers from using one of there *open services*but the laws do not prevent them from making un-announced protocol tweaks (and effectivly causing open source clients to fail to connect)well, once again the portocol changes have been programmed into kopete, and dureing gentoo's "emerge --sync && emerge --update world" last night, version 3.4.1 of kde-network was installed, along with a new version of kopete.i dont have anything againsed gaim, (which i was using while waiting for the next version of KDE) but i prefere kopete.anyways. update kdenetwork, and kopete will once again work with MSN messenger protocol.yipeee.

Anti trust laws prevent microsoft from banning non customers from using one of there *open services*

but the laws do not prevent them from making un-announced protocol tweaks (and effectivly causing open source clients to fail to connect)

well, once again the portocol changes have been programmed into kopete, and dureing gentoo's "emerge --sync && emerge --update world" last night, version 3.4.1 of kde-network was installed, along with a new version of kopete.

i dont have anything againsed gaim, (which i was using while waiting for the next version of KDE) but i prefere kopete.

anyways. update kdenetwork, and kopete will once again work with MSN messenger protocol.

yipeee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does kopete work with windows, like is there a version for windows.

I used to use it when I had linux but I am stuck on windows again. Any ideas?

GAIM works in windows.to get kopete working in windows, you will also have to install QT, and kdelibs.its possable, but not worth the effort.

Never tried it before, ill maybe give it a go, MSN Messenger is broken badly on my PC, some files and registry keys were mucked up from a plugin and I havent been able to use MSN Messenger since that time. Messenger Discovery is evil, everyone I know that installed it, is having trouble.