xisto Community
vickofpak

10 Gb Data Storage For Free! Amazing site for online data storage

yes but you can only download 100mb every month...so if you ever wanted all you data back you would either have to pay for it or wait 8+years... but yes...good find..not excatly new though..

This website is designed nearly exlusively for piracy as you probably have guessed, it is extremely popular among downloaders for transferring mp3s and videos instantly and quickly and is very successful. I love the system where you can upload a file and if someone else has alredy uploaded that file then it will do it instantly. The fact that you can only download 100 megabytes per MONTH is a bit of a pain though but the marketing is ingenius...

I agree with everyone else. I think that the 100 mb per month limit is a little annoying but I guess that is how they designed it so that you would pay for a hight limit. Also there are some legal questions that some have said. So we just have to see how long this site will stay up. :D

Well I've seen many other sites using the same method of earning money. This site works on making people believe its free but actually have a 100mb per month limit. I agree with you all saying that it is totally based on piracy but what can you say about these kinds of services these days? They're everywhere! Kazaa, Aries, limewire.....etc..etc... But we cannot deny piracy as everyone will most definitely have a bit of that. So I'm saying that we just leave these services be as we cannot do anything to stop them and neither can we do anything to stop ourselves from joining the world of piracy.

Unlinke kazaa, limewire, etc. this DOES actually have a legit usage: it offers storage of files that you can get from anywhere. Granted it is a bit dishonest in its marketing, but it is a useful service for someone who does lots of work in several locations.

I love how everyone acts surprised when they find out that something free online isn't exactly 'free'...I mean why else would they offer this is there was no money making possibility? They'd go broke in days...

It's very handy when you have a site with much pictures also, you store them there and you link it to the site, or does that not work??? plz tell me, if it's true what i'm saying then i realy go to get a account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, hotlinking is not allowed from those accounts for any type of file, I think that's what you want. Therefore you have to find an image host (There are tons of these) like http://www.imageshack.us/ and upload them to that.

Imageshack, photobucket, there are heaps of image hosts. But not so many file hosts..

I discovered Streamload early last year. I no longer use it. It is slow (probably because of the huge number of users) and when I try to download files it often stops half way through or only downloads half the file and says "download finished" in the dialog. Save File
http://forums.xisto.com/
is better, though they have a limit of 600kb on their uploads or something like that (been a while since I uploaded anything). But no sign up, hotlinking allowed and is fairly fast, considering its a free file server.

Be wary of sites which advertise things along the lines of "100% free, no bandwidth limit, no file size limit" because even though what they say may be true, you'll find that in a few weeks the site no longer exists, and alas, neither do your files any more. It took me a while of being duped by sites like Filebucket before waking up to the fact that they were all spam servers for the time they exist and then ceased to exist, taking your files with them.