xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reaver

Wlan Dynalink Vxd Pci install of wlan on win98 machine

Hi everyoneA office at work has a windows 98 machine running in it at the moment and since they want to keep the walls intact they wanted a wlan pci card installed instead of cabling.The installation went fine and i followed all the safety precautions and earthing rules then i got to start the machine that was fine windows finds the device so i point the driver installer to the cd rom and it begins to install with no hiccups. Then as usual it promted for the Windows 98 Second Edition Cd rom which i put in and then installation continued , then suddenly a VxD error so i waited about 2 mins and the computer stopped responding completely by then so i shut it down and booted up again. Once in windows everything looks fine and the error hadnt seemed to have affected the install.But wen i entered the Device Manager and looked at the properties of the card it said the driver was fine but in the info box the message read : windows did not successfully start the peice of hardware and will note attampt to do it again. I then proceeded to read the box ( no manual) and win 98 was fine but no computer specifications apart from 64 mb of ram needed. i checked the website and no help there either. So if anyone has had this experience before or can help with any information it is much appreciated.Reaver