xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

Emulators

I've gotten into emulators a bit latley. They're nice. I found a program called Console Classix that is a paying program that you can download and install, I'm fairly certain it's spyware/adware free (I have Spybot S&D and Adaware plus 1 or 2 others). But, the thing is, it's really just a program that bundles a few console emulators together. So, in the source files, you can find the individual emulators. I like Gundam Wing: Endless Duel on Gensis. It's so awesome, such fast gameplay. Also played Super Mario Bros 3, classic, on NES. Well, that's all for now. Anyone know any good rom sites? A lot of the ones I went to tried to make you vote on... some pretty racey japanese sites... *hint* just to get in. I think Romnation was pretty good though.

I don't need a SNES emulator, because I still have a working one :D I sadly did lose my old Sega Master System (the first one AND the second one) which I dearly loved..*cheers for Alex Kidd In Miracle World*Personally I prefer old Dos games :D But I am on Linux and I don't know if I can play Dos games with a emu?

Well, ya there's OS emu's out there. So I suppose if you could find a Dos one or a Windows one you could do that :D I was thinking about trying a Mac emu since Macs have some good software, so my brother tells me, that they use in his TV Studio class.

Personally, I think that the gaming experience is better if you play the games on the gaming console itself instead of on the emulater. In any case, it's likely to be easier to use the handheld controls instead of the computer keyboard to play the game. I should know, I've played Gundam Wing Endless Duel on my antique SNES.

I usually only play a emulator when I want to play a japaness game (translated), or when I'm at school and have nothing else to do. Most of the newer emulators have a lot of viruses in them.Plus, SNESx9 is a lot better then ZSNES. I don't know why people say it is better.

I have a snes, a mega drive,a nes, a neo geo and an arcade emulator and i seem to play them more often than i do the latest releases. I mean there's no better feeling than playing the likes of teenage mutant ninja turtles on the nes and super mario world on the snes. Brings back memories of sitting there glued to the Tv when i was 10 for hours on end!!

I still have all of my original systems, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD; I still enjoy them however there are some perks to using an Emulator, the perk for me is that I am able to play several games that were only released in Japan that I always wanted to play, not to mention that you can get them in translated form, plus I can still have the backups for my games on my older systems. But lately it has become increasingly more difficult to find a site that is still dealing in games for ROMS such a waste, truly sad.

I don't need a SNES emulator, because I still have a working one :P I sadly did lose my old Sega Master System (the first one AND the second one) which I dearly loved..

*cheers for Alex Kidd In Miracle World*

Personally I prefer old Dos games :D But I am on Linux and I don't know if I can play Dos games with a emu?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DOSbox is a DOS emulator that you might be able to use. It runs on linux.

Thank god for emulators man,I`ve ben able to play some of my all time favorite arcade games (Killer Instinct - Mortal Kombat 3 - Sega Rally 2 - Top Skater - The house of the dead - Area 51 - and so on and so on) on my PC with emulators like MAME and Nebula2.Only thing is I run a PIII 450Mhz with a Nvidia Geforce2 400/400 mx graphics card so the big sega model 2 and 3 arcade games don`t run flawless but I`m glad I Can play them anyway.

Emulators not only allow you to reply old games you own, but they allow you to get some games that arn't easily come by anymore (as well as letting your older system have less wear on it if you hope to keep it working for time to come). I know I have some cd backups somewhere of hundreds of snes/genesis roms, I hope to get a nice MAME collection going eventually. I know I -had- a bigger set of snes/genesis titles but I lost alot of them in a hard drive crash, along with my nes roms. I'll need to start collecting again but it is harder now. Luckily once in awhile I stumble onto a torrent of a colelction of roms which makes it easy to pull a huge amount down at once.

rom siteEmulators

I use http://www.coolrom.com/ for my older basic systems such as snes,gba,64, and I alos use it for ds and I use http://128bit.me/index.php?board=10.0 for gc games obvious I don't normally reply to forums and stuff but I thought id say coolrom best for the classic systems

-reply by Michael