xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

Wow, yeah, that a big difference the version 1 that is. I don't understand how people can do that. It seems like it would be really hard to do. If you know f any tutorials that could help me understand how to do that I would greatly appreciate it. Sometimes I want to make adoptables in different colors and patterns and I find it really hard to do. After seeing what you did with the orginal and version 1 and version 2 I think that you would know how to do what I'm looking for.

I couldn't really give you a website address or anything concrete that you could look at, but I can give some of the techniques that I used. Well, the original wasn't even mine, but the guy wanted more detail and provided photos of Marine uniforms. Basically, you must know the program inside and out. I used Photoshop. From the original to the Marine version, I used Hue and Saturation to change the color of his pants and jacket and then used the pen tool to create a path that was the same contour of his pant line down his leg. Then I clicked the paint brush tool, grabbed a nice red color and a good brush size and hit Enter. That puts a stroke along the path with the selected tool's settings. A good thing to make use of is layers. Sometimes, like with the hats, you have to change the original. To recreate the outline of the cratoon, I used the paint brush, color black, and matched up the mouse cursor preview circle's diameter with the width of the original outline. For parts like his thighs where his jacket had covered in the 2nd version, I used the lasso tool (Polygon is most versatile, at least in my opinion) and did Layer via Copy, to duplicate the section selected as a new layer. Then I distorted and transformed the new layer so that it matched the contour of his leg and so that the shadowed and lit halves of the leg matched up. For the hat, I got a picture of a Marine had and outlined it and painted it white and grey-white. I did the same with the hands to make them gloves, lighted parts pure white and shadows grey-white. If you have any questions about a specific change, just ask and I'll follow up.

NIcely doneI especiall like the marines uniform one, very realistic (in the sense that the colors are right and stuff not that the people look real o.O)The second changed one confused me a bit, I was like, wait nothing changed, your probably put the wrong url in, then i realized you added the tie and stuff.So far I've been really enjoying your work (I know I said this before)but your stuff is really great, keep it up

Did you do that with Photoshop or is pixel work? If it is pixel work you have great talent!!! If Photoshop than its really not bad, pretty cool too! Did you ever try to modify real pictures of cars, people, or other into something other than the original? I mean I personally love when people Photoshop cars into something out of their creativity!