xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Google Adsense & The Nasty Taxman!

Hi there. I have recently joined the AdSense program, so recent I havent received any checks yet. I've heard that the revenue you earn from AdSense can be taxed, (obviously for americans) but I mean in places like the UK. If you dont declare your earnings you can be fined a hefty 100pounds or more. I also heard that it is more efficient to set up your own private company so that you get Business Expenses allowances paid back. What do you guys know about this and what are your opinions?? Thanks

umm I'm not sure about the whole tax thing (I know someone using it and his a minor and doesn't do taxes although he does live in Holand... and its a weird country there =P)

but since I can't help you with that I can help you with a link that gives you great tips on how to generate a lot of revenue with adsense so that way if you are taxed you'll still have money ;D

http://www.ericgiguere.com/about/google-adsense-tips.html

Well, can't you just keep quiet about your earnings from adsense and not declare it as income earned? I know of a few friends who put up adsense ads on their websites and earn money without ever declaring it to the taxman. It's like a hobby kind of thing.But I'm not so sure when you're actually running an actual business and deriving revenur from Adsense. You'd bettet check out the rules in your home country.

As I remember in Poland when you don't earn more than 75$ you dont even have to declare it... probably other countries also have some tax-free amounts of earings so you can make a little there and little there and no one would find that you earned more than the amout... unless you would buy yourself hous, car, boat and so on, and so on, while you don't declare any money earned... :)

adsense do pay you according from my experience there must be some taxes and is definitely unwelcoming to those putting up google adsbut i think a small amount can still be earnedthink of how to expand your revenue might be better............................................................................

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this 'tax' issue as well. Because I live in Thailand (but I am a Korean), I don't owe taxes! Yes, taxes are quite annoying but think of what will happen if there were NO taxes! Your country's treasury will be empty and dusty and won't be able to do anything, such as pay the wages of the government staff; president, vice-president, secretary of the state, treasurer, etc.It is very tempting to lie to the "country bar" but who knows? Someone can somehow catch you! And you don't want to get fined so do the right thing and don't live under guilty conscience! That's what I say! But it's not so easy to do everything right either... :D

Making a company is no piece of cake.Since I amde my company a few years ago, I've had at least 6 hours of paperwork for the harder tax filing a week and have ahd to ramatically cut my working hours, and you can be cuaght out if you don't get every singly receipt down, unless you are going to hire an auditor which is very expensive.For up to 10,000 US dollars a year, about £6000, I don't think its worth making your own compnay, unless you will be turing over a lot of rveenue.But its your choice.