xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
halo2krew

How To Make An Easy Sig In Ps

This tutorial will show you how to make a sig.

First we have to make a background

1. Make a new Canvas- 400 x 135

2. Press " d "

3. Fitler > Render > clouds

Posted Image

4. Filter > texture > patchwork and set square size to 3 and relief to 1

Posted Image

5. filter > stylize > find edges

Posted Image

6. Press ctrl+I to invert the image

Posted Image

7. Press ctrl+U and check colorize, then change the color

Posted Image

this is what i got.

Now we have to add an image. Find an image on the web.

I choose this image,

Posted Image

8. Now open a new canvas in PS, about the size of the image from the web and open your image from the web.

9. Select the Lasso Tool

Posted Image

and cut around the image to get what u want on your sig and make a selection.

Posted Image

then press ctrl+c to copy the image.

10. Press ctrl+v to past the image onto your sig background.

move the image around then place it where you want it. Be sure that when you cut out the image you be very neat and zoom in to make sure its a perfect cut.

11. Now lets blend the image into the background.

On the layers palette click where it says "Normal" then a box will come down,

Posted Image

Select which ever effect makes it look the best. I selected Pin Light

12. Now its time to add text. Click the Horrizontal Type Tool and type your text. You can blend it like we did to the image or leave it alone. Here is the final result with text.

Posted Image

its not the best sig buts its simple.

Ha! I have conquered Photoshop!!!Thanks for that tutorial, it's so simple yet so awesome-tistic. A fun thing to do after all that's ssaid and done is to take the liquify thing and squish it all around, then add an angryblue font.Ta-da, awesome-d00distic siggy.

You did a good job. The pictures really made a differance. If I did not already know how to use Photo Shop I would have been able to follow this for the most part. What photo shop are you using anyway? My only peice of advice on that would be is to mention what photo shop you are using. As photoshop improves its features they change a little bit. So your tutorial may not work for a much older photoshop or in the future for a newer version. Just a little bit of a suggestion.Beth

You did a good job.  The pictures really made a differance.  If I did not already know how to use Photo Shop I would have been able to follow this for the most part.  What photo shop are you using anyway?  My only peice of advice on that would be is to mention what photo shop you are using.  As photoshop improves its features they change a little bit.  So your tutorial may not work for a much older photoshop or in the future for a newer version.  Just a little bit of a suggestion.

Beth

61813[/snapback]

lol, and the way it is structured changes e.g in ps 7.0 u dont just have a gradient tool on ur left hand side tool box but in 8.0 cs u do(i use 8.0)