xisto Community
Houdini

Need To Transfer Data From One Server To Another!

I am running a PHP-Nuke site on a web host that only allows one database so if I wanted to use a forum also in addition to PHP-Nuke I must use different prefixes. My PHP-Nuke has 112 tables and I am setting up an almost identical site minus any other forums, just PHP-Nuke 7.7 on Xisto which allows many databases, so I sucessfully exported my users, and my categories, and the posts, and I even exprted the posts text as well as the download categories and download text tables. The problem I am having is that on the Xisto the forum categories are are shown along with the number of posts in each but the problem is thatonly the first category with three posts has any real posts, even though looking at the table for the posts text it is all ther, but when you click a post in these other categories then it states that they don't exist.Anyone got any ideas as to why this could be happening?

that version of phpnuke seems to be using a separate table to keep track of the number of post for a certain forum and the actual contents are in a different database table.base on how i understand it, you have successfully moved that counter table but you failed to move the associated tables that contain the forum post for that counter and so the link is broken.the script dutifully displays the counts of post and since the link are broken, clicking on the link will produce errors that the forum do not exist since in physical location it really did not exist.i hope i got my words well, it is hard to speak of a topic such as this with out a sample, one which i cant provide as of this moment since i dont have a working php-mysql website to put the codes and the dummy data for reference..if i can only let you connect to my machine, but i wont surely allow that.. security reasons.. :)