xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Adam1405241495

Old Psx Games: Parasite Eve 2 Talk about PE2

I had to play it... :) I know that this sounds strange, but if you want to know how good games looks like (first stage of learning to make a good one :)) you must play a lot of them...I remember it well... prerendered backgrounds and 3d characters on it... just like in Resident Evil, but camera movements was a bit more like in Final Fantasy, probably becouse it is Square production... but personaly I liked first part even more - it had "something" - when you played whole game you could came back and get new weapons and have new locations (betwean "chapters" you was able to choose where you want to go... Parasite Eve 1 was sometimes clasified as RPG...) - you can get even gunblade! - if anyone played Final Fantasy 8 knows what it is... :)Anyway - I think that this another evidence of Suaresoft's craftsmanship...

parasite eve was a great game (personally i have never "played" number 2, only one) i loved the look and feel of it. reminded me a lot of resident evil but with a different twist - and yes, better cameras. i hated the camera on resident evil games it always pissed me off and got me killed... i never did finish parasite eve tho...i got stuck at the three headed dog part - early on in the game...and quit

I also played the first but not the second. I dont think I ever got all the way thru it but that was because I bought it very close to when I moved out and lost contact with my psx for awhile, now I have it but never really got back into the game. Maybe I'll have to play thru it again soon

I love both of these games, the first one I think had some of the best plot twists ever, the flashbacks to her sister and the link that Aya and Eve both shared, the evil doctor trying to finish an experiment this has all the makings of a good movie, OH wait it is a movie too I fogot about that. Then they came out with the second it still lived up to the first one it even got me kinda scared and that doesn't really happen but playing it in a dark room tied into :D a sound system OOOooo it kinda creaps you out, kinda got off track sorry bout that, they both have a good story line good cast of characters and challenging monsters to fight I really wish that they would come out with another one I bet they would have Aya's clone Eve as the playable character this time, that would be SOOooo cool.