xisto Community
VJgamer1405241488

Ftp Managers Which do you use?

Personally I use FileZilla, a free FTP manager. It can be found at https://filezilla-project.org/. It has all the features of any other FTP manager including the ability to transfer more than one file at a time!

The only other FTP manager I use is the one built in to Macromedia Dreamweaver. I use it just because it's there, and it's convienent even if it's not as fast as FileZilla.

Although I havn't tried it, or have had a use for it, there is also a FileZilla FTP server available.

As I mentioned above, FileZilla is completely free, and has a Development Status of 5. (Meaning a stable production version has been released!) Filezilla was written in C++ and is available on Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP.

In case you don't favor the english language, FileZilla is also available in French, German, Hungarian, Polish, and Spanish!

I would like to hear what everybody else uses, and maybe I will try them out to see what they're like.

i usualy use flashget for downloading... and flashfxp for uploading... it isnt that great though..im going to check out your filezilla... that mutifile transfer thing would be useful... i dont know why it isnt in most of them.. hate running several intances of the same program to upload mutiple files..

One more FileZilla user here!Very powerfull to keep my Xisto.com web-site synchronous !Easy drag-drop actions.Does multiple transfers with the files in a transfer queue.Does simultaneous transfers - configurable.Recommended !

I am also fan of Filezilla. It is very good FTP tool. It has almost all the features of its paid counterparts. Before filezilla I have also used SmartFTP that was also a nice utility but it is paid now. So at present Filezilla rules.

Since I am anything but enthusiastic about this subject I probably shouldn't even post a comment at all.Well, I certainly would not even imagine paying for an FTP program. The command line ftp program in linux is good enough for me. I don't see why there would be much selectivity for such a simple program. For windows I have used WS_FTP and WS_FTP95 for years. but when I made the web page here, I thought it might not be working so I downloaded and tried SmartFTP. Ok fancier but so what, as long as my files get where I want them to go.

I use Flashfxp as i also use it for my Xbox.It seems to work ok, had a few problems with it from time to time but has served me well otherwise.Have used cute_ftp and WSftp_pro at work too

I would like to hear what everybody else uses, and maybe I will try them out to see what they're like.

it's almost ironic, but the FTP i use is the one that's integrated within HTML-Kit. if you havent heard of HTML-Kit before, I STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend you give it a try. it's 100% free, but i don't know why becuase it is seriously the best coding program I have ever used. you can find it at http://www.chami.com/

-- bigredrosen

Providing a Mac voice here.

I used to use WS_FTPLE when I was still on the PC, but since I've moved over to the Mac I've been trying out quite a few different FTP managers. The one I currently use is CyberDuck, which is really good. It's freeware, gets updated often, uses the concept of "bookmarking" your individual accounts and shows the bookmarks in a easy-to-access drawer. It can change permissions, and it uses an "Upload" and "Download" concept instead of having two windows, which is what RBrowserLite does, one window shows your target, one window shows your home folder. Oh yeah and it can upload entire folders at one go too, and you can apply permission changes recursively, so i can make everything in one folder, including subfolders and subfolder contents, all 777 with one click. Very convenient.