xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chewetot

Pc Problems

I have had to sign up for dial up again due to my new place of residence not having broadband as yet. I installed a brand new modem purchased from PC World in the uk (yeah i know bad place to buy stuff from). Anyway the problem I have at the moment is that my machine keeps shutting down when I am online. Sometimes it happens often maybe after being on for about 3-5 mins and other times it takes a while.Could this be a heat issue? I took out my sound card just now as was not sure if it was too much power being drawn from the mb and that seemed to help for a while. When I reboot and XP wants to send the fault I usually get the message that it was a device driver fault. My graphics card and modem are both using unsigned drivers (graphics card drivers are the latest nvidia ones). anyone got any ideas or suggestions to help solve this?

Hi chewetot,If the problem just started happening AFTER you installed the new dialup modem adapter card.. then It's probably.. the adapter card Or the drivers. Need lots more details to advise you any further than this.Hope this helps,RGPHNX

what sort of details do u need the errors I have gotten so far are 2 or 3 times being told my graphics driver caused the problem and the last couple of times it has just been that a system driver has caused the crash.I have tried 2 different internal modems and after this weekend probably going to go with an external that one of my friends has given me. let me know if u need more details and what sort of details you need as any help would be appreciated

format c:\ or update drivers \ check for worms ( once i alredy had one that shutdown my pc ) and check if the fans are working , or check the bios settings on pchealth, set temperature higher.