xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

Ipod Vector Trace Constructive criticism appreciated

Did you do that with a tutorial or something because I swear I alot of people are comming up with the same result on other forums. Anyway I really like it, its clean and looks pretty much real... Especially the head phones!

you're graphics are quite nice and refreshing, you are really good at what you do and your style of clean and simple art is very nice in a society domainted by over grunged and over whored styles. This stuff is cool and I honestly believe its going to be the new movement of computer graphics art (clean style)anyways I was wondring how exactly do you "trace" an art? You do it in photoshop or something?

I used the pen tool in Illustrator, which is a little different than the pen in Photoshop. I drew out the contours of the shape, say the earbud, and then the path is a shape and you can adjust the stroke and fill. So, I made no stroke and a colored fill and that was it. It may seem easy, but it's not so. It can be hard to get the colors right because sometimes the colors run together in the original photo, which is where gradients come in, which are also different than in Photoshop. But that's for later :)

Hm, I really like how minimal the pic turned out to be and the choice of colors; simple and clean, nothing that shouldn’t be there. White and light grey work very well. It looks quite high tech actually and here’s the only comment I have about it. I think that since it looks so modern, the screen should look very futuristic as well! Something more blueish maybe that would look like the ultramodern screens of the latest mobile devices. Just a thought! :)

That looks really neat and clean, though it might be nice to add just slightly darker shadows on the volume roller and some shadows on the headphones.

you're graphics are quite nice and refreshing, you are really good at what you do and your style of clean and simple art is very nice in a society domainted by over grunged and over whored styles. This stuff is cool and I honestly believe its going to be the new movement of computer graphics art (clean style)

anyways I was wondring how exactly do you "trace" an art? You do it in photoshop or something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh I definitely agree with you? I mean look at Apple and amazing job and Steven Jobbs and his designers came up... Apple Ipod, and Ieverything really sells like crazy and it features those simple, minimalistics design, I do a lot of stuff like that myself and love it.

I think simplicity and minimalism are dominant in advertisement right now and it will stay so for a while.

Well, I did this just a little bit ago with the iPod photo, off the website.  I pretty much just traced the image, but I did all the colors myself.  Constructive criticism appreciated.

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you really did an amazing job... I love vector work and I'm a big fan of Ipod and Apple designs... I am really interested in learning Illustrator, just can't to seem to put my hands on it... Great work! It really may seem like a photo to those who know nothing about this stuff! Would love to see more of your work!

By the way... Did you say this Ipod Photo? Because, I'm sure everyone here knows it isn't.