xisto Community
Dream1405241490

Playstation 3 Fest your eyes on this

With the Xbox 360 reveled last week, Sony, not to be out done has finally released pictures as well as the specs of their nextgen console the PlayStation 3

.:Specifications:.

Itâs going to be a doozy, and at least on paper beats the Xbox 360âs performance.

Full specs after the jump.

CPU: Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for edundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU: RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)

Memory:

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz

256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth:

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM: 22.4GB/s

RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS

Storage: HDD - Detachable 2.5â HDD slot x 1

I/O: USB: Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD: standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1

Communication: Ethernet - 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller:

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI: HDMI out x 2

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc media: CD, PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side), PlayStation2 DVD-ROM, PLAYSTATION3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PLAYSTATION3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

.:Pictures:.

Posted Image

.:Opinion:.

Sheâs a beauty compared to the Xbox, this thing is sleek and powerful, I am going to have to not buy and Xbox and wait for this to arrive. Canât wait.

The Playstation is going to be very good, I can tell. But, they should keep the same control shape like that did from PSone to PS2. That way, it won't be another control to get use to. I don't wanna get Xbox 360, because it doesn't have many other features and it is poorly made form what I seen. I don't care if Halo 3 comes out for it; I'll find another way to play it. Halo is the only reason I even have Xbox.

https://l'>Can you say WOW?!

If that is real-time ingame footage... I would seriously consider buying the PS3. I've never bought a console before but HOLY CR*P! The sound experience, the visuals, the smoke and the action.

Even though that is most likely scripted, the PS3 looks to be a very powerful system.

To be honest, I also prefer the style of games that come out for PS3. There is just something about them that I can't really describe.

I don't seem to be able to edit my post :)

I forgot to mention, the PS3 supports 7 controllers, all using blue tooth. For those unaware of what blue tooth is, you and your mates could play on the PS3 without worrying about cables or any of that nonsense (This is a big step for Sony as they are moving away from the standard 2 controllers).

The XBox can support up to 4 controllers and I think they're using RF instead so overall the PS3 gets more points in my book.

Ps3 kicks the x360's *bottom* when it comes to power, but right nwo that doesn't mean much.I mean...wtf are designers going to do with all that power???? there's only so much time you can spend on graphics before you lose site of the rest of the game =P I don't think they should be pushing graphics at all right now. These systems should be the last to come otu for a LONG time, the gaming industry is relaly in trouble with the cost of making a game =/ almost 20+ million a title :) YIKESoh, heh, x360 coming out end of this year, ps3 supposedly coming out spring of 2006 =)

Posted Image

I think they bothe look sleek. But I betting Xbox has the power.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No according to the specs released by both Micrsoft and Sony, the PS3 packs a lot more power (although what are you gonna do with all that power? Have arm hair on every character?)

so do you know exactly when they are coming out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the picture I believe it says Spring 2006 (I'm not too good with Japanese)

The Playstation is going to be very good, I can tell. But, they should keep the same control shape like that did from PSone to PS2. That way, it won't be another control to get use to.

I don't wanna get Xbox 360, because it doesn't have many other features and it is poorly made form what I seen. I don't care if Halo 3 comes out for it; I'll find another way to play it. Halo is the only reason I even have Xbox.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The controls are not that different, this one is just longer for a better grip

THAT was ingame footage? damn, that is all i have to say. this sucks cause i just wanted an xbox 360, no i had to decide which to get, ill probably base it on the games though, graphics arent everything, meh, maybe i will just put off driving for awhile and buy both instead of buying gas, ill take the bus to school, haha

From what I've seen of the PS3 I really like it. The only thing I am not so sure about is the controllers, they don't look very comfortable to me, but then again I could be completely wrong.

ohhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh! They both look pretty sharp. I'm a PlayStation1 and 2 owner myself and liked my experiences with both. If I had the money, I probably would have bought an XBOX too, but pretty much the only game I'm interested in is HALO. But, maybe PlayStation3 will end up coming out with a game similar to HALO. By looking at the graphics for the PS3, that would look and probably feel pretty awesome to play.

Look I can`t even front I WANT THEM BOTHI`ll start savin up some money soon cause I think I won`t be happy with just ONE of the new gen consoles.Yeah shure the PS3 is more powerfullthen the Xbox 360 (and as a PS fan I`m verry happy about that :) )but let`s be honest both systems have there owncharms and I realy think that there will enuff "exlusive" games for both consolesthat will make you wanna have them both so I ain`t even gonna front I WANT THEM BOTH :)

The PS3 has been blowing my mind since I started looking at info on it this past week. I mean the X360 is insane too, but daaaaaaaamn the PS3 is looking tight.My only current possible point of contention is that their is controversy over whether or not the killzone footage is real or pre-rendered... I mean the other games look amazing too but that footage they released made me want to pee myself so I wouldn't be surprise if ney-sayers were correct...I hope not but we'll see.Also the FF7 tech demo made me get more excited then should be possible for a techdemo haha, seeing the opening sequence from FF7 in what can only be described as OMGWTF levels of details was amazing. (They NEEED to make that remake damnit!)Me and a friend actually noticed something that may truly be a selling point for us...the PS3 has 7 bluetooth controllers and 2 HDTV channels...so picture having one PS3...2 HDTV's...7 controllers...4 players on one tv & 3 on the other :| I mean sure, whatever sony does to compete with Xbox live will be nice, but having 7 people in a room battling it out would just be awesome, and not as convoluted as doing something like that would be now (2 tvs, 2 PS2's, 2 games, multiaps, avoiding wires of controllers, etc)Who knows, maybe I'm just over excited by all the E3 news of the past week, or maybe I'm right to be excited, either way I want a PS3...badly...

Dream your right, they have to get every hair on the body separatly :) even in the naughties :), no jk :) . Ps3 is such a revolution with the cell processor and the graphics, that you in no way can compare it to xbox360, that would be unfair to the xbox because it has not even close to the power that ps3 has. Don't even think about arguing about that because I will win and you know it.

They compared the PS2 and Xbox even though they had way dif levels of hardware... I mean... there is always difs in power between the consoles. With every generation the gap will be larger too since the systems will be proportionatly more powerful.So yes, it is fair to compare then since...well...they always compare consoles no matter how dif the hardware, plus the xbox isn't THAT outclassed by the PS3, stat sheet wise the PS3 has it but I mean we have to wait until we see how to two hardwares handle running games before we can conclude if one hardware is way better. (I mean...have you SEEN gears of war? yea...the xbox360 will hold its own against the PS3 even if the PS3 DOES come out on top by a fair bit)