xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MajesticTreeFrog

Government Sterilization

I saw a story on the news today: Apparently the US government sterilized 'undesireables' without their knowledge as part of a Eugenics program. For all those who believe that this sort of thing could never happen in the US-It already has.

This really doesn't surprise me. Hell, they used to do it all the time in the 50's and before for those deemed mentally retarded or who had psychological disorders. Of course, lobotomies were popular then too.

This just adds to my overall question "what will the government not do?" So far my only answers are: fully separate church and state, support the common man, and provide accurate information to those who are affected by certain actions relating to the information.

I saw a story on the news today: Apparently the US government sterilized 'undesireables' without their knowledge as part of a Eugenics program.  For all those who believe that this sort of thing could never happen in the US-It already has.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This stuff has been going on for a while, here in China. Sterilization as well as a "One Child Policy". Many people scream "Human Rights Violation" but it's their form of population control. The US is becoming a Pro-Christian fundementalist haven..

Yeah Eugenics is a fairly disturbing field. The Nazi experimented with stuff like this as well as human vivisection which is sickening. Vivisection is a surgery carried out without anaesthesia while the subject it still alive.I do not think that government's should forcibly sterilize anyone, however, as the previous poster said there is definitely a problem. I do not really advocate the use of a "One Child Policy" as it is a direct breach of civil liberties in my opinion.Lets just remember that the American government did this a VERY long time ago when the issue wasn't fully understood.