xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
szupie

Subdomain Problem It links back to AstaHost front page?

This morning, I set up a subdomain for my domain hypercubical.cjb.net, which is forum.hypercubical.cjb.net. After I set it up, I immediately went to it to test if it works. Strangely, it links back to Xisto's front page... So, I waited an hour for it to change, which it didn't, untill I had to go to school. While I was in school, I checked it again, and it worked, linking to hypercubical.cjb.net/forum, which made me all happy inside :) . Anyway, I just came home to check out my forum again using the subdomain, and I found that it links back to Xisto's front page again. :)

This is kinda weird. Is it the problem with my ISP (Road Runner)? Can anyone access my subdomain properly? Or is it a problem that only I have?

It links me to this site called "Hypercubical Animation." It goes directly to the forum on my PC, and it is dialup. Have you tried clearing your history, cookies, and temporary internet files? If that doesn't work, it could possibly be an ISP error, or the domain's server problem.

This morning, I set up a subdomain for my domain hypercubical.cjb.net, which is forum.hypercubical.cjb.net. After I set it up, I immediately went to it to test if it works. Strangely, it links back to Xisto's front page... So, I waited an hour for it to change, which it didn't, untill I had to go to school. While I was in school, I checked it again, and it worked, linking to hypercubical.cjb.net/forum, which made me all happy inside :) . Anyway, I just came home to check out my forum again using the subdomain, and I found that it links back to Xisto's front page again. :)

This is kinda weird. Is it the problem with my ISP (Road Runner)? Can anyone access my subdomain properly? Or is it a problem that only I have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, clearing your cache will usually help. Your browser probably stored some information about Xisto's domain, and when it wanted to go to a subdomain that doesn't exist, it probably goes to the Xisto front page. So, the subdomain was created and it really existed, but your browser still had all that cache about that link going to Xisto's front page. Most browsers do that to save time when navigating around the web.