xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
viperciyes

Whats That Hacking Challenge? rookie

I do hope you know what hacking is.A hacking challenge is a (in my challenges case) a imaginary website that you, as challenger must hack. The site of course has flaws built in so it's not impossible to hack it. See them as a puzzle :)

I do hope you know what hacking is.

A hacking challenge is a (in my challenges case) a imaginary website that you, as challenger must hack. The site of course has flaws built in so it's not impossible to hack it.

See them as a puzzle :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whould you like to give me some links on hacking challenge? I am intersted in it after viewing your hacking challenge.

Try the challenges in this forum first - or if you want to proceed in a step-by-step manner, go to: http://billigtarife.net//?gtnjs=1 - they have over 25-30 challenges starting from very basic one's and going up to some very tough nuts to crack. Other than that there's hackthissite as mentioned above. Just google for "Hacking challenge" and you'll find plenty of such sites... most of them are fun, some plain stupid and in some you get to put up a real test of your wits. :)

I'm not very familiar with hacking myself. All i know how to do is view sources of webpages... but sometimes thats just enough. I think I'll try learntohack.org

Hackthissite is a good place to visit, there are a lot of good tutorials to be found on all kinds of things there. One of the things I was having trouble with was tutorials on tools such as OllyDbg and other debuggers/dissassemblers. Just the other day I managed to luck myself into finding this site:

https://tuts4you.com/index.php

The site is only new and still a work in progress, but it has quite a few tutorials and tools that can be helpful. If you have done a few challenges on other sites that involve cracking, its more than likely that you would have realised that using OllyDebug is almost essential. Anyway, check the site if you are interested in this kinda stuff. I found it helpful.

Ok i have spent long hours of the night looking for thing on hacking a challenges and i now have a list for your dudesto be.
1. A guide called get started hackingr
2. a free linux OS. Pimped to have all of the tools a hacking challenger taker will need. Its Live CD so no need to install anything just burn it to a cd. its called PHLAK
3. a guide to .htaccess found here

Hope it helps you alot

That guide to htaccess was a good read. I picked up a lot of interesting things that I was unaware of. I had only used .htaccess files to block off sections of my sites so that people couldn't access them without typing in a password. After reading that, it seems that there are a lot of ways that you can use htaccess to your advantage. The topics on hotlinking and blocking bots were very interesting. Thanks for the links Nate.