xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Netscape 8.0 Beta - Raised for the grave

Hi,The other day when I did had an flash-back NS 4.79 reinstallation to get some sites tested there, did I by incident found that the people in the NS house was beta testing an new version of NS based on firefox engine. Great surprise, as I thought that I had heard some stories that they had shot down all development regarding Netscape.Does it seems like the browser war isn't really over yet? Or does it more looks like that firefox really are the future browser?I know that there is several of topics regarding firefox, but I haven't found any about this new Netscape, so therefor would I like to introduce this topic to both remembering the good old grandmaster of browsing, and then hail it's reincranation.If any have any expirence about this, had tested it or have any other comment would this might be an great oppotunity to discuss..:-)See you!Cheers!Jens

Netscape 8 has a very nice UI and very green, I liked it.It can use either the Gecko or IE render engine depending on where you are it changes for best impact. Its nice but Firefox is a lot better in general. The beta can be downloaded but its nothing too special, but much better than the older mozilla suite based netscapes.

I downloaded Netscape 8.0 beta about a month ago and although I did like the interface I wish that they would have added the support for extensions.I believe that Firefox is Internet Explorer's main opposition, but Internet Explorer will always be more popular until Firefox is bundled with new Pc's.

Netscape 8 has a very nice UI and very green, I liked it.

It can use either the Gecko or IE render engine depending on where you are it changes for best impact. Its nice but Firefox is a lot better in general. The beta can be downloaded but its nothing too special, but much better than the older mozilla suite based netscapes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I havn't downloaded it self yet, and as I can understand by your add here does Firefox rules for champs. But it's still nice to see that NS still fighting and is much alive, I actually wondering if that rumours about NS closedown was startet by MS, as far that I remember haven't I seen any like that officially at NS homepage.

Then further do I also look foreward to see an change in the Mozilla suite, to make an suite based on Firefox, Thunderbird, Sunbird and some editor thing. But I think that this about suite might belongs to the past.

Does any have any new romours about the Google Firefox project?

See you!

Cheers!

Jens

Hi,

Now it seems like that they had taken their Beta ver. down, so it seems like that the final release is around the corner. But I found the presentation of this new wonder on following page: http://isp.netscape.com/http://isp.netscape.com/

Cheers!

Jens

The multiple toolbar is greate....I can see that from the flash tour.news, bookmark and lot more can be put into toolbar...I just love this feature...

The multiple toolbar is greate....

I can see that from the flash tour.

news, bookmark and lot more can be put into toolbar...

I just love this feature...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just found that ...

final vesion of netscape was released..

you can download it here

http://isp.netscape.com/