xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iamrockandroll13

My First Attempt At Vector Art In Illustrator pay phone

Ok so this my first attempt at creating anything seriously in Illustrator, so if it looks like I'm a little heavy handed and clumsy, I am right now...let me know what you all think though...

Posted Image

the original photograph I worked with was similar to this one, just a different crop and no filters.

Posted Image

Also, if anyone knows of any good Illustrator tutorials that they'd like to share, I would appreciate it...I've already found that a pen and a tablet are two of my best friends when it comes to Illustrator...

I like it. The phone iteself looks cool however the bit that the cord goes into shouldn't be blue in my opinion, try making it a dark grey. Also on the phone cord try putting some vertical-ish lines on both sides maybe 3 on each side perhaps a pixel or 2 in width.|||light. dark. lighterhowever don't blur them cos that defeats the whole purpose of vector art lol.i apologise if this isn't much help or whatever i am still quite tired. :)good luck and keep on vectoring!

I am glad you took my advice and made into reality! I like the whole concept and the work you did. I think you need to work on that cord maybe shade the adges with a really light brush and make it look little more realistic. Also the phone is really nice and clean but if you are going to keep that background you should also fallow the shading on the original photo. That way you can even remove the background, vector the rest of the phone stand, and put it into a nice frame...Great job again, I really like the idea!