xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ViRuaL

Ssh For New Account?

Hello, I just got my new free hosted account. On the details of this hosting plan, it says it comes with SSH support. However, from the IP I was given for my account, when I log on with SSH I get the following:

Shell access is not enabled on your account!

If you need shell access please contact support.

The whole reason I came here is because I need SSH support. If this actually doesn't come with SSH, I'd like to request it be activated on my account because I really need it for the whole purpose of this account (besides the fact of needing a website) is SSH support. I will continue to remain active here untill I get a response...

ViRuaL@gmail.com

Well first of all - I don't think anybody other than OpaQue can enable the shell access. Other than that - the shell you get with asta hosting, is a jailed shell - with very limited access. You can just do ur barebone work, like moving/copying files and downloading stuff through elinks. Even w-get has been disabled recently and the word w-get has been blacklisted on Apache's mod_security.. Try using that in a post here and it won't go through - will be rejected by the server...If you've come to asta looking for a full blown shell - then sorry mate, this won't leave you satisfied at the end of the day. Try aceshells or some other shell provider.. But if you've come looking for PowerPacked Web-hosting - then this is JUST THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU :)

Shell enabled

Changes to okay have been saved!ChangesBWLIMIT=524288000DNS=okay.astahost.comFEATURELIST=defaultIP=69.50.168.69LANG=englishMAXADDON=0MAXPARK=1OWNER=astahostPLAN=astahost_starterRS=rvblueSTARTDATE=1116010483Changing shell for okay.Shell changed.