xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Glockmeister1405241492

Microsoft Reveles The Xbox 360 Specs.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Its a 2 page articile, but the main info is listed here.

Along with seeing the final CPU, GPU, TV encoder, and Southbridge chips in the flesh, we were told how the CPU's three cores are capable of running at a whopping 3.2 GHz each -- each core supporting two threads making for a total of six threads running at any one time. The CPU is a custom-built IBM PowerPC-based chip. The GPU is also a powerhouse, and Holmdahl seemed confident that the graphical grunt of the 360 is around twice as powerful as the most powerful PC chipset architecture currently in circulation. With a clock speed of 500 MHz, the GPU (designed by ATI) is able to support up to 48 different pixel shaders (advanced shader language) at any one time, something which will allow developers and artists to use some truly gorgeous rendering and special effects in their games.

The CPU and GPU are linked together by a blisteringly fast data bus which can transfer operations at an incredible 5.4 Gb per second. Couple this together with the TV encoder chip (responsible for the various high-definition output modes that connect to HD-compatible displays) and the Southbridge chip which deals with a variety of functions like audio, and the core of the 360 shapes up to be incredibly efficient and extremely powerful. The bottom line? Games for the Xbox 360 have the potential to be very, very special. After all, the overall system floating-point performance of the machine is an astounding 1 TFLOP!

Uh, mate, you've just copied and pasted it. You at least should have put it in a

quote box

If a mod finds this, you'll probably get hosting points taken away. You've got to write your own stuff, not copy and paste it straight from other websites.

I can't wait to get my hands on one those babies! Although you should cut and paste, I'm kinda of glad you did. The new Xbox had just kinda sunk to the back of my head. I can't even imagine what the games on that can and hopefully will look like.

Meh, it's still m$ shite. The PS3 will prolly be way better. And so will Nintendo's as-yet-unnamed system. What's more this isn't even going to be backwards compatable with the old Xbox, so all the old games will be useless.