xisto Community
friso

My Very First Template review...? :)

Ok, this is my very first template. i used some if ndhill's art in it, and the rest I did in... paint! and i used wordart for the fade-effects... :(

i saw this template <>, looked at it once, and did the rest without watching at it again. this topic is not in website review but in graphics design because i'm gonna make a lot more (i think) and submit them to template gallery's, and will only use one for my own site. i'm gonna edit a lot, so comment everything! the empty things on the left are... empty, maybe a place for a tiny blog, affiliates or shoutbox...

here it is:

Posted Image

PS: @Noel, i don't know if you want your things in it, but i only did it because i couldn't find anything else that fast, and i have another version with nothing on those places, so i can easily change it. just say what you want.

Well, it looks nice. Good job. You could add some 3D effects, it would be nice. And try to make these screws bigger, to make your website look like strongly fixed to the wall :D You could add some borders in the top part of your template, becouse now it looks like a sheet o paper, it would be nice to make it "thickier", I mean add some 3D...GoodLuck :(Sadas.

Well, it looks nice. Good job. You could add some 3D effects, it would be nice. And try to make these screws bigger, to make your website look like strongly fixed to the wall :D You could add some borders in the top part of your template, becouse now it looks like a sheet o paper, it would be nice to make it "thickier", I mean add some 3D...

GoodLuck :D

Sadas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree I think that it's good but add more 3D effects. I think that the content part should have a border like the navigation. Also try to make the "homepage" text stand out from the background a little more, and I personally don't think the fonts for the "yourdomain.com" and "welcome" text fits with the theme of the template. :(

But that is my opinion...

sheet of paper... hey you're right! thanks, and what exactly do you mean with 3d? make it || instead of ||?? - that's not very clear, i mean add a new border, slightly lighter, and fading out in a few lines. is that what you mean? maybe i will do that, and if i won't i will make the border thicker and not as simple as it is now. i will also make the screws bigger. i made them small because first i wanted to something else, and for that, they had to be really small, but that idea turned out to be nothing. :(

oh, and dragon, i picked those fonts purely coincidental, that was one of the things i meant when is said i would edit everything. i agree about the homepage text, it's not very clear. any ideas on how to make it stand out more anyone?

thanks for the review!

its a pretty generic template, nevertheless, you did a great job on it for your first try =P, you should have seen mine... utter disaster.Anyways to improve upon it, change the texts to something more professional, and make the "Navigation" smallerumm the color scheme is pretty intresting although I don't like orange, whatever works for you.I AM AMAZED that you did all that in paint, I can't do anything in paint.. its just such a terrible program :(

My first opinion about your template is that you really need to work on your color scheme. I personally see a lot of different shades of orange in the header, navigation and the main text area! Also there is a font fiasco! So many fonts and all are pretty hard to read...Then if you have your navigation boxes beveled (3d effect - sp?) that most likely you would have to bevel the rest of the windows. The last thing that seems to be a problem would be the navigation box, the first one with the title; it doesnt have those big cut off edges like the rest of the windows. Well those are my beefs on your first template, its not that bad for a first! Mine, uhhh, dont want to talk about it! lol

ok, i quoted all comment here:

try to make these screws bigger,

you could add some borders in the top part of your template,

add some 3D...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that the content part should have a border like the navigation.

Also try to make the "homepage" text stand out from the background a little more,

fonts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

change the texts to something more professional,

and make the "Navigation" smaller

color scheme

I AM AMAZED [:D]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

color scheme

Also there is a font fiasco!

Then if you have your navigation boxes beveled (3d effect - sp?) that most likely you would have to bevel the rest of the windows.

navigation box, the first one with the title; it doesnt have those big cut off edges like the rest of the windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

those are the commentaries:

bigger screws [i will]same borders everywhere [i will]

3d effect [could someone explain that with images? - visuals work better than words on me :(]

homepage text should stand out more [ok, any ideas?]

better fonts [yeah, i picked random, not very smart :D]navigation smaller [ok, and another font too]

work on my color scheme [i will redo all not gray-things, and maybe colorize them]

navigation and content same background [ok, i will do something in between, just one 10px border left [black-dark grey] grey middle and one 10px border right [dark grey-light grey]]

anyone else who wants to add something to this list, put it under your post, in one line please. :P

i agree about the homepage text, it's not very clear. any ideas on how to make it stand out more anyone?

thanks for the review!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are going to use a dark colored background then use a light color for the text so that it pops out. If you are going to use a light colored backgound then use a dark colored text.

It looks good man. Nice job. I think the colors go well together, dark on light works well for a site. I think it's a little difficult to read "my homepage" in the home bar. Maybe make that a little more contrasting. That's about all I can think of. Nice job.

I like it a lot! It kind of reminds me of comic books! lol the colors are great too and fitting. The only thing I'd change if I was planning to use this in my own wis the size of the font in the navigation area. I think it would be nice if it was a little bigger. Or if they were replaced by some kinf of GIFs rather than plain text. I think that since you are using an impressive header in the page, the navigation could be less minimal! Anyway, the template is very pretty! *thumbs up*