xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Glockmeister1405241492

xMB-MySQL Problem: Unknown Column Error

I've been trying to install a hack, membergroups, into my XMB Forum, but I seem to have this error.MySQL encountered the following error: Unknown column 'groupname' in 'field list'In the following query: SELECT groupname FROM xmb_membergroups WHERE groupname = 'WA-NS'Can someone help me?

Notice from m^e:
Topic edited to reflect content suitably. "MySQL Problem" doesn't say anything about the problem. Be more specific in your topic titles.
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Your error message clearly states what the problem is - the field named groupname is missing from your MySQL database.

Check your hack installation instructions again - usually all these hacks contain a separate script that you've to run prior to installing the hack. This script will connect to your db and create the appropriate tables and fields required for the hack to function properly. If you go ahead and simply install the hack - quite obvious it wouldn't find the desired location to store it's data in... There's no other problem - but this... so cross-check your hack again for that script... or some instructions to insert the fields manually..

Regards,

m^e

Your error message clearly states what the problem is - the field named groupname is missing from your MySQL database.

Check your hack installation instructions again - usually all these hacks contain a separate script that you've to run prior to installing the hack. This script will connect to your db and create the appropriate tables and fields required for the hack to function properly. If you go ahead and simply install the hack - quite obvious it wouldn't find the desired location to store it's data in... There's no other problem - but this... so cross-check your hack again for that script... or some instructions to insert the fields manually..

Regards,

m^e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried the script, so i might try manually putting it in this time.