xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rapco

Can't Unistall Norton Antivirus 2005

Ok, i wanted to install McAfee, so i know i can't install two anitivirus at the same time (the pc would go crazy!!!!!!! :( )So, i unistalled norton antivirus... (so i thought)... i restarted... when i tried to install mcafee it said that another antivirus was installes, so i checked the install programs list..and for my sorprise... there was the Norton Anitivirus...I tried to unistall it and it says the is a newer version installed and that i have to remove it... on and on...WAHT CAN I DO!!!!!I FEEL NAJED WITHPOUT AN ANTIVIRUS...PS: I can't reinstall norton either...HELP!!!!

Ok, i wanted to install McAfee, so i know i can't install two anitivirus at the same time (the pc would go crazy!!!!!!!  :( )

So, i unistalled norton antivirus... (so i thought)... i restarted... when i tried to install mcafee it said that another antivirus was installes, so i checked the install programs list..

and for my sorprise... there was the Norton Anitivirus...

I tried to unistall it and it says the is a newer version installed and that i have to remove it... on and on...

WAHT CAN I DO!!!!!

I FEEL NAJED WITHPOUT AN ANTIVIRUS...

PS: I can't reinstall norton either...

HELP!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you try this link:

Symantec Support

All in all, Norton arent in a hurry to release your system, Ive learned to just live with them, they have themselfs locked in the very pits of my system and are a weed that removing isnt possible. It can be pretty useless at times awell....

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Section 2: Using SymNRTDo not use this section unless you have tried to uninstall your Norton program with Windows Add/Remove Programs.

To use SymNRT to remove the programs listed at the beginning of this document

1. Close all open programs.
  2. Click the following link to begin the download for SymNRT.exe, and then click Save:

SymNRT.exe
  3. Change the location in the Save in field to Desktop, and then click Save.
      If prompted, click Close when the download completes.
  4. On your desktop, double-click SymNRT.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
  5. Restart, if prompted.
  6. On your desktop, right-click SymNRT.exe, and then click Delete.
  7. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
  8. After deleting SymNRT, do one of the following:
          * If you have ever had Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, or Norton Personal Firewall 2003 or earlier installed on your computer, then skip to the section "Section 3: Removing Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, and Norton Personal Firewall 2003 or earlier."

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for more info, check https://support.symantec.com/en_US.html

PS: I think these topic can be closed now, THANKS!!!!!!!!!

So Nortan Antivirus is really not that good? It wouldn't let you remove it? Man, I just bought the software and install it. No wonder why it gave me all kind of trouble. It also slow down my PC.

it is good but its really hard to remove...coz it gets in ur system like really deep..i would try googling around because thats what i did but i had to re format my hard drive neways so ya that was the thing i used to get rid of it... just google around br..try different key words and you'll find one..or start in the their website in the support thing..i remember seeing a solution there because your not the only one who is having this problem..well this is gettin too long lol..peace!

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for more info, check https://support.symantec.com/en_US.html

PS: I think these topic can be closed now, THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I hate quoting myself...... but two messages back i posted the solution.....

I think people enter some topic, and post without reading other's posts... and, well, i do it too (sometimes), jeje

HOPE NO ONE SUFFER WITH NORTON ANYMORE!!!

Ok, i wanted to install McAfee, so i know i can't install two anitivirus at the same time (the pc would go crazy!!!!!!!  ;) )

So, i unistalled norton antivirus... (so i thought)... i restarted... when i tried to install mcafee it said that another antivirus was installes, so i checked the install programs list..

and for my sorprise... there was the Norton Anitivirus...

I tried to unistall it and it says the is a newer version installed and that i have to remove it... on and on...

WAHT CAN I DO!!!!!

I FEEL NAJED WITHPOUT AN ANTIVIRUS...

PS: I can't reinstall norton either...

HELP!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-------------

OK your going to need a strong yet effective uninstall tool I suggest CCleaner since its free and very powerful, works well for me so Maybe you'll have some luck with this, heres a link.

/ccleaner

Why would anyone want to uninstall Norton Anti-virus? It's really good, one of the best in my opinion. It's also way better than Macafee (don't know spelling). I've had Norton for five years and my PC hasn't been infected yet. Trust me, stick with Norton! :)Yacoob

Download an uninstaller like Your Uninstaller and uninstall norton, then reboot. If that doesn't work, i don't suggest this, but go into program files and manually delete all trace of norton, then do a reg scan and see if that works

Why would anyone want to uninstall Norton Anti-virus? It's really good, one of the best in my opinion. It's also way better than Macafee (don't know spelling). I've had Norton for five years and my PC hasn't been infected yet. Trust me, stick with Norton! :o
Yacoob

Yes, but Norton slows down quite a few computers, costs money (whereas AVG is free and has yet to let any infection get into my system), and is a real pain in the butt to uninstall. Any program that insists on wrapping itself around half of your computer's system architecture, thereby making it virtually impossible to remove completely without serious effort, has a problem in my book.

Oh, and Norton also takes up far too much space. AVG takes up a fraction of what Norton wasted on my hard drive. Not to mention the RAM hogging that Norton enjoys so much.