xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sirknight

MySQL Server Host

How do i know what is the Xisto server we are using in our subdomain?Because i want to use my databases here in my Xisto while im in developing my site.please fillup what can i use here:host:port:ofcourse its not localhost.

What do you mean by which server - MySQL ? If it's MySQL we're using v4.0.23, and you cannot access the databases that you create on this server directly from another site. I don't think so. The DBs are configured to work with pages that you setup ONLY on Xisto - i.e. your access is restricted to the localhost zone. Still I don't think I understood your query fully - could you elaborate on it a little more?Regards,m^e

Thanks...you're understanding from my post is right..Actually that was i want to do, access the database i will create here in Xisto.thoug not in the other site but in my local computer so that its easy for me to backup my database here in Xisto in the future. Because i cannot guarantee that i can backup regularly my database here. Anyway is there any way to automatically backup my database and can send tru my email?