xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rhodesian.dragon

Yahoo! My Web

Again, this feature can work both ways. If you are a very open person, I would recommend this. After all, there are some curious people, like me, that likes to see what people are searching.Some advantages:If you are bored, and you absolutely don't know which websites to search anymore, you can see other's people interest.The Bad:If you have some personal websites that you do not want to share, I rather you not share them. It is an invasion of privacy per se.Although it may help the community know your interest, and broaden the community interest itself, it may also work against you.I do not know the functionality of this service, but I can assure you there are some fineprints somewhere.As anything, they can use your list of personal favorites against you... if you ever end up in court. So in the end, I would share common websites, but maybe not blog links, etc.Again, it is just up to you to choose, pick your path.

don't know exactly whether i think it's good or bad... probably mostly bad.. i mean i personally wouldn't want to save my searches and bookmarks for all to see.

It's kind of nice really. It just like Yahoo! Mail version but this one for saving our searches using Yahoo! :lol: It's kind of nice to save all the webs that we have been visiting, since we don't know if we need them some day, which doesn't need us to find suitable keywords to use just to find the web/pages again. I think it's good.

I believe that you should be able to choose whether or not you want your searches and/or bookmarks to be published or private. If you dont have anything to hide then go for it. But I personally have a site that I work with that I don't want any of my friends to knoe that its mine because I want to hear their honest opinion on it. Also people who bookmark their online payment billing websites, I'm sure they dont want everyone to know that they have 22 different credit cards. Also it could increase the amount of spam you get in your inbox. Companies could search the favorites and everyone interested in music could get an e-mail offering a free mini ipod (i hate those stupid ads). This could get very annoying. WoW, this post makes it sound like I really don't really approve of this service. I'm just pointing out the bad. But I will say that there have been serveral times when I found a site that I thought I didn't need and then later on that night I was thinkning about it and I couldn't remember where I found it. This gets aggravating as well. So, I think that if you get to choose which one you would rather have (public or private) its an awesome addition to yahoo! HA! yahoo has a service that google does have! GO YAHOO!