xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

How To Add 3-d Effect To Banners Like Shiver7.com

There's a very popular 3d effect at the moment, in top banners and such, and I'm wondering how to do it. I'm looking at things like Shiver7.com and that sort of thing and wanting to do something like that for my site maybe. Anyone know any good tutorials to learn off of or can tell me themselves? I have 3DS Max 7 :(

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I personally would take the 3d max way out by making a abstract render and then exporting it to photoshop, use some brushes and effects, crop and valla! The hardest part would be to create the object in 3d Max but there are a lot of tutorials this day to do this...

I personally would take the 3d max way out by making a abstract render and then exporting it to photoshop, use some brushes and effects, crop and valla!  The hardest part would be to create the object in 3d Max but there are a lot of tutorials this day to do this...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what I want to do, but, call me blind, I don't know what to look for and haven't seen such tutorials :D If you could link me to the best one you know of maybe, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot for everyone's help thus far :(

That's exactly what I want to do, but, call me blind, I don't know what to look for and haven't seen such tutorials :D  If you could link me to the best one you know of maybe, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks a lot for everyone's help thus far :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally gave up on 3D Max, now I mess around with Cinema 4D because it seems easier...well I spent 5 mins on Pixel2Life website and found these two tutorials that seem good.

Here:

http://twistedlogic.deviantart.com/art/Abstract-Technique-17368978 <-Better one, I think

http://www.voidix.com/Silicon%20One-1.html