xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dream1405241490

Xbox 360 Stuff

Keep in mind the following information have not being offically confirmed so don't kill me if these turn up false. (I'm pretty sure they are real though)

XBox Live

2 types of Xbox Live:

Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)

Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service

+ Bold Text means also avaliable for Silver service

+ Underline means its also an offline feature

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360

- Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply)

- Free Xbox Live weekends

- Multiplayer online gameplay

- Motto for gamer profile

- Personalized look for Xbox System Guide

- Offline achievments

- Online achievements

- Access to other players' Gamer cards via Live

- Cumulative gamer score

- Location/language profile

- Enahnced matchmaking using above

- Skill level matchmaking

- Gameplay style profile (casual, competitive, etc.)

- Recent players list

- Free and premium download game content

- Free and premium downloadable movies, music, tv

- Downloadable demos/trailers

- Microtransactions

- Custom playlist in every game

- Play music from portable devices

- View images from digital camera

- Stream media from Windows XP

- Interactive screen savers

- Track info for CDs

- Communication with voice, video or text

Posted Image

^Wireless Controller^

Posted Image

^Perfect Dark Zero^

XBox Specs

360 Hardware:

1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD

2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing

3. Customizable face plates to change appearance

4. 3 USB 2.0 ports

5. Support for 4 wireless controllers

6. Detachable 20GB drive

7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each

- 2 hardware threads per core

- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core

- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

- 500 MNz

- 10 MB embedded DRAM

- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines

- unified shader architecture

Memory

-512 MB GDDR3 RAM

- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth

- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio

- Mulitchannel surround sond output

- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio

- 320 independent decompression channels

- 32 bit processing

- 256+ audio channels

Detailes on Specs

CPU - Xbox 360's CPU has three 3.0 GHz PowerPC cores. Each core is capable of two instructions per cycle and has an L1 cache with 32 KB for data and 32 KB for instructions. The three cores share 1 MB of L2 cache. Alpha 2 developer kits currently have two cores instead of three.

GPU - Xbox 360's GPU is a generation beyond the ATI X800. Its clock speed is 500 MHz and it supports Shader 3.0. Developers are currently working with an alpha 2 GPU. Beta GPU units are expected by May and the final GPU is slated for a summer release. The final GPU will be more powerful than anything on the market today; in game terms, it would handle a game like Half-Life 2 with ease.

System Memory - Xbox 360 will have 256 MB of system RAM. Keep in mind that this number should not be equated to typical PC RAM. The Xbox has 64 MB of system RAM and is a very capable machine.

Optical Drive - As many have speculated, Xbox 360 will not use Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. Games will come on dual-layer DVD-9 discs. While the media is the same as that of the current Xbox, the usable space on each disc is up to 7 GB. The drive is slated to run at 12X.

Memory Units - Xbox 360 will use 64 MB to 1,024 MB memory cards. 8 MB is reserved for system use, leaving a 56 MB to 1,016 MB for user data.

Hard Drive - As many have speculated, Xbox 360's hard drive is optional. 2 GB of the drive will be used as game cache. The final drive size is still being determined.

Camera - Xbox 360 will have a USB 2.0 camera. It's capable of 1.2 megapixel still shots and VGA video. Photos can be used in-game and for gamer profiles. The camera can also be used for video chat. It's unknown if the Xenon camera will allow for EyeToy-like gameplay. Developers are currently using a simulated camera driver.

Sound Chip - Xbox 360 does not have an audio chip in the traditional sense. Decompression is handled by hardware, while the rest of the chores are handled by software. DirectSound3D has been dropped in favor of X3DAudio. The former was deemed too inflexible.

Posted Image

^Face Plates!^

(From OurColony, offical XBox Source)

Finally, a little trailer of games on the next gen console Dark Sector

These are all from friends in another forum

I think the next xbox is going to be a flop... I don't need any of that crap I already have it all, and if I wanted it again I could just go by a top of the line pc from microsoft. I plan on keeping my xbox and buying the ps3

I agree with foxtrot876 xbox is going to be will be a one hit wonder. It will sell a lot on the first day but when people start to realize that the graphics are only a little better they will be very mad. Xbox said that they will have backwards capabilities but how many games? They are so undecisive on thier facts. It could be only one or 100 no one really knows yet.

not really, the graphics are going to be amazing, really all that resources isn't even going to be used, from what I've heard they are going to render arm hair on football games... arm hair... are you kidding? Who the hell needs arm hair...

not really, the graphics are going to be amazing, really all that resources isn't even going to be used, from what I've heard they are going to render arm hair on football games... arm hair... are you kidding? Who the hell needs arm hair...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to have to agree with Dream on this one, pretty soon every game that comes out is going to look amazing. At that point it's going to be game content that people are going to be nitpicking over.

I`m plannin on buying both the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

I`ve never owned two newest consoles at the same time while most my friends have.But wid the next gen it`s a must.

Tha games that I`ll be buying the consoles for are:

Playstation 3

Gran Turismo 5

Xbox 360

Forza Motorsport 2 (sequel)

Sorry about that ^

I ment to type:

• Xbox 360
  • Forza Motorsport 2 (sequel)

I`m plannin on buying both the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

I`ve never owned two newest consoles at the same time while most my friends have.But wid the next gen it`s a must.

Tha games that I`ll be buying the consoles for are:

Playstation 3

Gran Turismo 5

Xbox 360

Forza Motorsport 2 (sequel)

Sorry about that ^

I ment to type:

• Xbox 360

• Forza Motorsport 2 (sequel)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, ElFoReal, I hope you plan on waiting a while after their release before buying the systems. Otherwise you'll be paying a hell of a lot of money as well as risking the possibility of the first couple versions of the systems having errors and bugs and stuff considering they seem to be rushin 'em out the door like they do everything these days =P