xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
warriors1405241493

Problem With HDD Enclosure

not sure u guys know this. I just bought a hdd enclosure which uses usb2.0. But it works on usb 1.1 too. But i have a problem is that when i switch on the hdd enclosure. The computer recognise that something is plug into the usb port and it start to install the hardware. Sometimes, it installed succussful, sometimes it doesn't. Most of the times when i go to the device manager, there is a exclamation mark beside the usb hardware section. Sometimes when it install succcessfully, there are no exclamation mark but the drive does not appear in the my computer there at all. I am sure that the enclosure is alrite because i tested it on other computers. Does anyone have a solution for it?

couple self check things- what operation system are you running, do you have to install any extra drivers with your system in order to use your enclosure properly?- does your enclosure support the size of the hdd that you are using in it? some enclosures have a cap on the size of the hdd that you can use with it, and won't work with hdds that go beyond it- check your usb drivers, perhaps they just need to be updated?- check the actual hdd, perhaps it needs to be formated or the master/slave jumpers need to be set a certain way to work with your enclosure?all I can think of right now, I have an enclosure myself and work with a few here at work, I don't know much but I'll try to help you along :(

couple self check things

- what operation system are you running, do you have to install any extra drivers with your system in order to use your enclosure properly?

- does your enclosure support the size of the hdd that you are using in it? some enclosures have a cap on the size of the hdd that you can use with it, and won't work with hdds that go beyond it

- check your usb drivers, perhaps they just need to be updated?

- check the actual hdd, perhaps it needs to be formated or the master/slave jumpers need to be set a certain way to work with your enclosure?

all I can think of right now, I have an enclosure myself and work with a few here at work, I don't know much but I'll try to help you along  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am running window xp. the manual say that for xp no driver is needed to be install. by the way my laptop is using usb 1 but the manual say that the enclosure is also suitable for it. i could not find any driver to update also i already formatted it twice and the jumper are all correct. i am sure about that.

i am running window xp. the manual say that for xp no driver is needed to be install. by the way my laptop is using usb 1 but the manual say that the enclosure is also suitable for it. i could not find any driver to update also i already formatted it twice and the jumper are all correct. i am sure about that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yikes =S

and the enclosure works on other computers? it just refuses for yours?

did you cehck the maximum size allowable on the enclosure as well?

yikes =S

and the enclosure works on other computers? it just refuses for yours?

did you cehck the maximum size allowable on the enclosure as well?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it works on other computer. i tried before. As for te size of the enclosure, i dun tink there will be any effect since my hdd is 80gb only. Further more, sometimes the hdd enclosure works on my computer sometimes don't.

That's pretty weird, if it works on other computers and not on yours then there is most likely a problem with your computer. Either in the way that it interacts with the enclosure or some driver somewhere.I'm not to sure what to suggest next =SPerhaps it's the hard drive itself? if you have any other spare hdds, or if you have another hdd that you use within a case that is just for data, try swapping the two and seeing if the enclosure works all the time with the other hdd.