xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Glockmeister1405241492

Can't Seem To Set Up Forum

I recently got my webspace, and i am trying to install xmb and i am getting this errorWarning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'glocky@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/glocky/public_html/forums/install/index.php on line 997However I have checked and I have the correct password. Can someone tell me whats the deal?

You could open the index.php file and goto line 997 to see what that line does, I think it has something to do with the username you entered for the database, i thought it has to be like glocky@yourdomain.astahost.comedit: kinda wrong, see microscopic^earhtling's post

Not really.. when you create a MySQL database on Xisto, your database as well as your username are prefixed with you cPanel username.. i.e.

Say you cPanel login name is: jipman

Now I will create a MySQL db named mydb. This db will actually get named as: jipman_mydb

For my username - for this db, I choose, jippy.. This gets translated as: jipman_jippy

Password stays whatever you set.

So when I access this db (which is jipman_mydb), I'll provide it the usename, jipman_jippy and my pass. You php script should use these

values accordingly to connect - a simply glocky@localhost wouldn't do.

Assuming that you cPanel username is glocky - try something like glocky_mydbusername@localhost to try access the db.

This is universal - i.e. for whoever has a hosting account here - your database and database-username will always get prefixed with your cpanel login name and an "-" (underscore) followed by the ACTUAL username you chose to connect to the db...

It's clearly stated in big bold black - when you use the cPanel MySQL DB manager to create a db and users... You can't miss it. Infact, immediately after creating your db/user you'll see the results in this format too...

This - I'm talking from the domain name point of view - i.e. if you have ur own domain linked with your asta account. In case of subdomains, you might have to add the subdomain part after your name too - am not sure. Best way to find out is create a database through the MySQL Db manager in cPanel and see the results.

also, these are my connection stringsConnection StringsPerl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:glocky_admin:localhost","glocky_admin","<PASSWORD HERE>");PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "glocky_admin", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());mysql_select_db ("glocky_admin");

Update: I got that fixed now, but I've have another problem. This error is being spat outWarning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glocky/public_html/forums/config.php:105) in /home/glocky/public_html/forums/header.php on line 140Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glocky/public_html/forums/config.php:105) in /home/glocky/public_html/forums/header.php on line 141Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glocky/public_html/forums/config.php:105) in /home/glocky/public_html/forums/header.php on line 142Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glocky/public_html/forums/config.php:105) in /home/glocky/public_html/forums/header.php on line 149Any solutions?