xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deviant youth

Monitor Not Receiving Signal After Windows Boots Help I have a computer problem

ok when i turn on my computer everything is alright but after the windows screen the monitor turns off saying that there is no conection i can still hear the sounds but i cant see anything. all the monitor cables are connected fine but i still cant see anything. can anyone tell me what is going on. do i have a virus or something??

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Yes.. You could have a virus.. Or your monitor could be stuffed. How old/new is it? Sometimes the dust that accumulates inside the hardware is fatal.

ok when i turn on my computer everything is alright but after the windows screen the monitor turns off saying that there is no conection i can still hear the sounds but i cant see anything. all the monitor  cables are connected fine but i still cant see anything. can anyone tell me what is going on. do i have a virus or something??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

User:- deviant youth

Problem:- Monitor switches off on bootup after display of windows splash screen.

(OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION NOT SPECIFIED)

User attempts:- Checked cables and other misc. connections.

Other symptoms:- Sound is heard but nothing is seen.

Possible problem:- Resolution set incorrectly

Solution:-

I

1. Bootup in safe mode by pressing F8 during booting sequence.

2. Go to display properties and change the resolution to the lowest one. Possibly VGA (640x480).

3. Press Apply, then OK.

4. Restart system.

5. If succesful END else goto II

II If OS=Win XP goto III else goto *

III

1. When you have booted up in safe mode select system restore and restore to an earlier time when problem was not specified.

2. Reboot

3. If successful END.

Thank you!

*Please specify OS

-------------END OF SCRIPT----------------

:(:D:P:D:D

Nakulgutan is right it is a video resolution problem. You can also fix it by changing the resolution without doing a restore in display settings.I really don’t think you will need to do a restore for this.

Nakulgutan

Ummm......thats Nakul Gupta if u dont mind..