xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wykked_dreamz

Does Astahost Provide . . . question I couldnt find on the faq

does Xisto provide an online html/php/whatever editor. I just want to know if i can edit my webpages online or if i have to upload it each time i decide to change it. i looked on the faq, and searched through the forums, and i even checked the package details. i don't believe i saw it anywhere. thank you for all of your help.

I don't believe you can, though some FTP programs (I use SmartFTP which can) allow you to edit the files directly on the server. If you're using Dreamweaver to make your pages, they have a Site option which says something like "Edit on local folder then upload .. Edit directly on server", so if you choose to edit directly on server you don't need to upload everything.An alternative way of updating if you don't like uploading is to use a blog system on your website (lots of people use this on just the news/front page). You will still have to upload some stuff, like pictures and files you want to use, make downloadable etc but you can make a layout and then specify header (the scripting before your text comes in), footer (the scripting after you've finished the text) and some systems will also allow an extra one called "Column", I think. Then when you want to update news, you only have to log in to your blog system and make a new entry.

Yes you can! If you select file manager in your cpanel it will take you to the root of your site. Just double click on public_html folder. Once you click on a file it will give you the option to; show file, delete file, edit file, change permissions, rename file, copy file, move file and it has an html editor.It is important to click on the icons on the left of the listings to get the action you want.

It is important to click on the icons on the left of the listings to get the action you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure ?? It works quite the reverse for me - i.e. clicking on the file/folder names brings up the list of actions on them, and clicking on the icons to the left opens up that particular folder - i.e. for me I've to use the icons for navigating between folders...