xisto Community
PC Astray

Google Web Accelerator (beta)

ya i downloaded this a while ago and it says its saving me like 10 seconds perpage and im noticing that pages are loading a bit faster this may be beta but i think its pretty cool

The end of Google Web Accelerator? I hope not but I seriously doubt that they have reached thei maximium capacity of user support especially when their GMail email service has its inbox growing every second for every user! My point is that this is just an excuse to stop any more downloads and Google has just put it in a nicer way to hear but after all, it's still in beta testing stage so there's nothing more we can comment on it. What do you all think?

1064304721[/snapback]

I think the story is false or it was temporary and they have expanded it. I just downloaded it.

another google application in beta mode! funny that no one really needs to make their web surfing a little faster, as there are fast internet speeds like broadband.

Actually, there are still plenty of regions - even here in America - where dial-up is the only service available. That's what I use every time I go home on break from school. It drives my family crazy - to the point where they will actually call me on my cell phone and say, "Hey, could you jump online and look this up for me?" because my connection is so much faster.

So ... I think that Google might be thinking of those people when they came up with this accelerator. Or the people who are still using older computer systems.

Ugh...the whole thing is just stupid. Cacheing cookies? Such a security threat...

Why is it a security threat? I was under the impression that cookies can be read only by the site which placed them in the first place. Why should they be more of a threat if they are cached (in RAM, I guess you mean) than if they are on your hard disk?

This program isn't even offered by Google anymore. I remember I used to use this for a month or two before I discovered Firefox, that was a long time ago.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!I soooo wanted to try that beta...
Darn it...now I'll go back to my....
Shaw-High-Speed-Which-Is-Really-56k-DialUp

Are you serious?! Shaw High School Internet is the best!! At least 300 kb/s all the time, max 750 kb/s.