xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Glockmeister1405241492

Pope Benedict Xvi

As you know Pope Benedict XVI was recently elected to become the pope. What are your opinions on the pope? Do you agree with his conservatism? How do you think he will go against Pope John Paul II (some people have called him John Paul the Great).. As for my opinions, I think Benedict might end up cause another schism (where parts of the church will split with another one e.g. the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox) between his conservative ruling and the more liberal churches in Europe and America. However, I think he will be able to manage the 1 billion Catholic n the world, since he will be unable to go on trips like John Paul, means he is able to take care of the business end of running a church.

I think it might be wise of him to be more liberal. At the same time, he is a very experienced man. I do not get the feeling that his conservative views are reactionary or even extreme. I disagree with his views on gay couples and sexual topics in general, but at the same time catholics are free to leave the church, protest (and maybe be heard), or just ignore him on those topics. Really, his views on these topics can be whatever, so long as he continually reminds his flock to practice tolerance and compassion, even for those they disagree with.

I think it might be wise of him to be more liberal.  At the same time, he is a very experienced man.  I do not get the feeling that his conservative views are reactionary or even extreme.  I disagree with his views on gay couples and sexual topics in general, but at the same time catholics are free to leave the church, protest (and maybe be heard), or just ignore him on those topics.  Really, his views on these topics can be whatever, so long as he continually reminds his flock to practice tolerance and compassion, even for those they disagree with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He unfortunely has a bad record for that. His various writings has him calling other religons as fake and only Catholicism is the way to salvation. He calls other Christian churches as defunct. But indded your right, he would need to follow the footsteps of John Paul II or he would be not supported by the rest of the Church.