xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

The Internet And Me...

I have always been interested in the Internet and the World Wide Web ever since my brother introduced it to me a few years back. I liked the fact that you can be easily transported to another place while looking at visually appealing web sites. I didn?t know it then but that incident eventually lead me to my course in college. After school hours in high school I was always going to a local internet caf? and I would spend hours doing nothing but surfing and chatting. Eventually after that I started to design web sites. It was harder then because I didn?t have a computer of my own and I had to rely on computers of internet cafes to do all my designs and publishing. I had indeed published web pages during those times but as I look at them now I realize that they really weren?t something that I can be proud of. They looked perfectly okay before but once you see other designs you sort of know that others had done something far better than what you did. I?m not saying that I do great designs now but somehow I think I have improved in more ways than one.So I?m in college. I currently have a vague picture of myself and what I?d do years after graduation. There isn?t something that I particularly plan on doing in the near future but I do consider a possible career in systems development. I am not closing my doors on anything at the present and if I can make a career out of my web design skills then that would be more than nice for me because I find developing web sites easier and more liberating than developing system softwares.Oh I'm rambling on...the story doesn't end here but I might regret saying too much here so...I'm out!

Interesting, anyways, I like your sitelayout.

sorry i forgot - edit: and if it's a blog, care to join BlogConnect?

59700[/snapback]

Actually I just created the script for the blog. It's just a text file and I didn't use any MySQL mainly because I don't know much about it yet.

Is it okay if it's just a flat text file, not database? :angry:

Just kinda a random question. You just got introduced to the internet a few years ago? How old are you?It reminds me of this one guy who was in a coma since like the late 1960's and just woke up about 5 years ago or whatever. Didn't know about like ANYTHING.