xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
m3ch4

Looking For X-Box Controller Specs... this would go here, right? 0.o

Hey, if anyone has any information on xbox controller (s-type) schematics could you post here with links or info if any exsists?so me and my buddy had this crazy idea for an xbox controller mod. Basically we're merging a pair of joysticks with the controller so that you can use the joysticks and their buttons instead of a regular controller.the reason for this being the way that the buttons and joysticks on the official controller are spaced out and for certain games where you need to hit the buttons as you're moving the joysticks this becomes highly ackward, etc. we have our plan for how to map out which buttons to where, the problem lies in the physical merging of the controller and the two joysticks. we're having problems matching the signal voltages and stuff.controller we're modding is an official ms s-typejoysticks we're modifiying are a pair of logitech attack 3'sAny info is welcome =D

The xbox controller is just a normal USB joypad with a funny connector. The pin outs and everything are the same as USB though and if you were to replace to plug on the end with a normal USB plug, your PC would see it as a gamepad. Similarly, adapters exist that will let you convert USB into X-box usb.

The xbox controller is just a normal USB joypad with a funny connector. The pin outs and everything are the same as USB though and if you were to replace to plug on the end with a normal USB plug, your PC would see it as a gamepad. Similarly, adapters exist that will let you convert USB into X-box usb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this much I understand, in detail, trust me. :(

the problem we're having is in the merging of the joysticks and controllers, the signal strengths are different.

for examples: right now we're trying to rewire one of the small joysticks so that their potentia-o-meter (sp? =P) will accept signals from one of the larger joysticks potentia-o-meter (sp). The voltages are not equal and the signals get mixed up or miscommunicated completely.

Hence the search for schematics =/