xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Killer 7 another cel shaded fps... with a twist

I first heard about this game about 2 years ago. That essentially means I have no idea what its about. Its released later this year. When you look at it, it looks like every other FPS (aside from the fact it's cel shaded). I just found out some interesting gameplay details, though. In the game, you follow preset paths with forks you can take by turning. The skill of this game comes from your quick aiming and taking quick shots at the baddies. I'm not sure how this will turn out. It could either lead to a ton of cheap shots a la Dragon's Lair, or it could be very easy and anybody will fly through it (at the same speed as anyone else). Its an interesting idea for a game, but I'm not sure if its buy-worthy. It'll definately be a rental game.I'm not exactly sure on the release date, so if anyone knows, go ahead and post it.

It could either lead to a ton of cheap shots a la Dragon's Lair, or it could be very easy and anybody will fly through it (at the same speed as anyone else).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meaning like XII (13) A cell shaded awkward FPS game that is increadibly good. It is baced on a scottisch comic book I believe. The game is about a guy who forgets who he is (He is some kind of super agent code named agent 13) although the game ends with -Continued....-

If this "Killer 7" is anything like XIII it'll be seen as a poser game with almost no originality. Of course, if it's cel shaded, then it's gotta break out of the comic book style that XIII uses...

Killer 7 is NOTHING like XIII.Killer 7 looks crazy. Switching between 7(8 if you count Harman Smith) different characters, each with a unique ability...You move on a rail-based system, meaning you don't have too much control on where you move. You can't even see the Heaven Smiles anyway, they're invisible. They make some strange sound when they get close, then you scan them. Once you see it, you switch to a first-person mode, and shoot it. Each one has a special weak point, and shooting it gives you blood, which replenishes health, and can be used to unlock other items. The whole game looks pretty confusing, but cool.