xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Any Ideas Why Google Adsense Ad's Aren't Showing ?

Hey guys,

My Google Adsense account's approved and I've added the code for a banner ad on top of the board and code for a tall columnar ad on the right side of the main page. You cannot see anything on the board at all and on the main page, you can just see the header Google Ads. Anybody had prior experience with Google Adsense ? Any idea why the ads are not showing up ?

I'd put the code in one empty page too... but NOTHING turned up there either.. Here's a sample code:

<div style='float:left; margin-top:2px; margin-left:2px; margin-right:2px; margin-bottom:2px;'><script language="javascript"><!--google_ad_client = "pub-9346480791758409";google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; google_ad_channel = ""; google_ad_type = "text_image"; google_color_border = "336699"; google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; google_color_link = "0000FF"; google_color_url = "008000"; google_color_text = "000000"; //--> </script><script language="javascript"  src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script><!-- end of google ads --></div>

Wonder whats wrong :D Any guidance in this matter will be really appreciated...

m^e

pfft, m^e. You got me baffled. I had the same issue LOL I took the code off again though. Am going to try and put it back in. Perhaps it's because it's php (the board). Maybe you need to put it in a seperate file and then use include :( That's what I am going to do :D

No putting the ads on blank screens do work.. but the ads then are usually PSA ( Public service ads ) or if the site is crawled, then it shows it realted to the primary site's content.

Yup :( But that's more or less my goal. That way there has to be an ad that actually "speaks" to my visitors (or so I hope LOL)And uhm, putting it in an inc file and then including it through php worked like a charm. However copying it into each page not only created clutter code (yes, I am a girl and hate cluttered code) but didn't make the ads show :D So I switched to php (thank you OpaQue for pushing me in the right direction when I was considering this step)

Guys guys guys.. problem solved. It was because of the stupid adblock extension of firefox that I'd installed just a day back... lol.. no wonder I couldn't see the ads. I got a mail from google in response to the same query here.. I'm pasting a part of it for you guys - as a checklist, in case you ever sign up for google ads... This checklist help me spot the problem..

-What browser version do you see this problem in?-What operating system version are you running?
-What is the specific error message you are getting?
-Does this problem occur every time you view the page or only some of the
time?
-When did you put our ad code on your site?
-What ad blocking or personal firewall software do you have installed, if
any?
-What is the date and time you saw this problem?
-Can you send us a screenshot showing this problem?

The third last question made me realize what was going on.. lol...

Regards,
m^e

Yeah the thing about the Adblock extension is if you block the google adverts banner from one individual website it will probably block all the google adverts from all different website. My friend who uses adblock said he never noticed there were adverts on my website until he looked on it at school.