xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skuzzlebutt

Monkey Island Has anyone even heard of it?

I've been diggin through my stacks of old, old games, and i can across my monkey island collectionfor anyone who has never heard of this Pirate adventure series by Lucasarts, it stars a lanky young man named Guybrush Threepwood and follows his quest to become a "mighty Pirate"Although the most challenge you'll get out of this game is perhaps getting stuck for a few hours (you cannot die or make a decision that hoses you for the rest of the game) It's plot and insane concepts (insult swordfighting) make it worth playing, at least onceall 4 games are remarkable, and even without the most attention to the graphics, when You get cannoned in MI4 for playing with hand puppets of yourself and your archenemy, LeChuck, You'll bust out laughingPlay at least one of these gamesYou can find them cheap on ebayhours and hours of funfor kids or adults

I have them all - I mean the first 3 parts. haven't played the 4th one yet.. but I keep playing the old ones whenever I get some free time. What I love best about these games is the graphics and music.. - both awersome.. graphics have this smooth transient look all over - the landscapes are exquisitely beautiful and music... awww.. part 3 remember the point where you've to defeat a guy by playing banjo ?? rocking man !! simply rocking :(

I have the Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island. I love both. I didn't particularly like the monkey combat, but I love insult sword fighting. I love lucasarts and these games.I watch Pirates of the Caribean and it reminded me of the games. It was quite different, but the basic idea reminded me of the many hours I spend in front of the computer playing Monkey Island.

I remember when I was about 11 years old my dad bought me a whole set of games from Ukraine and among these were the 3 first Monkey Island games from the series. Seriously, i fell in love with them from the start, but im not gonna lie to you. I used the walkthroughs for it since I couldnt even get past the first parts of the game. Its really confusing sometimes what to do (especially at that young age). But these games remain a classic to me. Honestly, id pick Monkey Island (the older ones, not those crappy 3D ones) over any modern "top of the line graphics" game. Since back then I think games had way better plot and storyline and general enjoyability than today. Monkey Island (And most of Lucasgames other stuff) are on the top of the list for me!

Heard of it? I only played through the entire series about 5 times :) It is a most recommended series for everyone even remotely interested in adventure games.If you enjoy Monkey Island, you should also look at: Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max hit the road, Grim Fandango, The Leisure suit Larry series, and the Simon the Sorcerer series. all of which are excellent adventure games.

I used to be hooked to the first one when i had my Amiga 500!! I remeber sitting there with form what i can remember 7 floppy disks!! changing them over and over!!!what an awesome game, anyone know if its available on the pc?another good game along those lines was/is broken sword

It sounds pretty cool. Are the graphics any good though? Im thinking it has absolutely nothing to do with monkeys though. Oh well. Thanks for the info, i'm always looking for rpgs.

my favorite game series ever. it was so funny and the puzzles were crazy. the first two were the best. the forth one was too short. i wish lucas arts did kill the series so they can devote more time to the star wars games. it makes me sad there there are no more adventures of guybrush amd elaine.