xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
^zer0dyer-

Greetings My first post, what can I say?

Very nice forums and site! :D

My name is Curtis, I don't care whether you call me by that or some variant of my screen name. I have been into Web development for a little over a year now, and have become proficient in (X)HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. I'm a standards FREAK, and sincerely hope that IE will embrace standards soon (IE 7 soon?). I can do certain things in Perl, but am no guru. For the most part of the end of last year and up until now, I have been focusing on programming and security issues that arise in Web server administration. I can answer just about anything when it comes to setting up Apache, Perl, PHP, Python, and MySQL on a Win32 platform. I have set up each on my computer, locally; I use Windows XP: Professional. I also have IIS running on Port 8080 so that I can experiment with the ASP side of things.

My current site is being hosted by aboho, which is also a good community (not trying to advertise, honest!). I have learned a lot from gaining experience with cPanel, phpMyAdmin, and phpBB forum software.

When I read the forum requirements here that said quality was preferred over quantity, I felt like this would be a good community with which to be involved.

Thanks for having me on your forums! :(

+CurTis-

Curtis - on behalf of Xisto staff I take the pleasure of extending you a warm welcome :( Glad to have someone of such high calibre of such as yours on our forum and hope to see equally great posts from you :D Have a great stay with us. Am sure you'll find a wild horde of like-minded people in here :P

Also we're launching an opensource collaborative development portal as a sister concern of this board by the end of May 2005. If you're interested you might drop by at our board (only that is up so far and accepting in-house project ideas) and later on take part in the projects actively.. :D

The site's called AntiLost.Com and the domain was donated by the founder/owner of this great hosting service here... You can find us here: http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=antilost&e=com

All the best !!
Regards,
m^e