xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
m3ch4

Halo 1 Lan Gametypes

Hey, I get together with a bunch of friends and we battle it out over a lan playing halo1 alot (I've tried to upgrade them to halo2, but most don't have xboxs and to change after getting used to halo1 is too much of a hassle =/)we play alot of ctf, rockets only and slayer/team slayer stuff.Does anyone have any suggestions for gametypes to play with a group of 6 or more people? (maps that correspond to the game types'd be good too =D )

For example, the gametypes we play (pretty generic)...CTF rules-first to 5 points-flag reset on touch-map weapons-map vehiclesmaps we use are blood gultch, we occasionally do side winder but the teams are usually uneven so they end up being: me(good) and a bunch of mediocre players vs a bunch of okay players. On blood gultch I can pretty much do all the work and just position my team mates in positions of best distraction or to grab the flag, that kind of thing. Sidewinder is a bit too big and I doen't have as many tricks to pull out of my sleave for it. =/Rockets Only-first to 50-rockets onlymap is that really really tiny one (I only no the maps by picture in halo1 -_-'''), we've done it on bigger maps, but it never gets as frantic or as exciting with any other mapTeam/Slayer-first to 50-map weapons/vehiclesmap is pretty much anything, we do alot of hang 'em high, and a few of the other medium sized maps.Oddball-first to 5 mins-map weapons/vehiclesmap is usually hang 'em high, we pull this out at the end of the night, not too many like it, so what we do is me and one other person vs everyone else. My buddy picks up the oddball and just runs/hides and I gaurd him =D LOL this is my favourite thing to do when I'm buzzed because I really get into it and it's a ton of fun (for me ^_^''')just a few examples, they're pretty generic, anyone else have any gametypes that they play over Lan with friends?

Good gametypes that My friends and I have enjoyed throughout the years \Shotguns slayer* (kinda self explanatory) Shotguns CTF* with low health Sniper CTF* on "hang em high" with 50% health no shieldingRocket's only Oddball on "hang em high" make the health % what you like. And a good sand box game is "Bumper Cars"* Race and turn off the nav. points and set to 25 laps. Make the vehicles to warthogs and go to blood glutch. and just start nailing each-other in the middle.If you can get people to follow the house rules, play a game of melee*. Make the weapon set to plasma and have low health. Then have a cluster F*&^ on a smaller map like wizard. Paintball set the weapon set to plasma only and then lower the health (same as melee only don't follow the house rules)