xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mitchellmckain

Case Sensitive Searches any good search engines with this option

I was quite fustrated with Google when I did a search for GetModifiers (thinking that this was a Win32 function I was looking for), but all I got was an endless supply of posts about a Java function getModifiers function. OK so maybe I should have take this for a sign I was looking up the wrong thing, but instead I stubbornly persisted. I looked in the advance search and found nothing to make the search case sensitive. Shock! OK so I did a google search for search enginges and case sensitivity. I found a site claiming that HotBot and something call NorthernLights had the best case sensitivity. So I tried http://www.hotbot.com/ and found it was using google and AskJeves .... no case sensitivity. Northern Lights is not currently open to the public. Well I solved my coding problem but my interest in the search engine problem remains. Sometimes I would like to make my web search case sensitive and I find it strange that this option is not available.

You could also try this string: GetModifiers -java +win32 - that will effectively silter out all java pages and give you only the Win32 ones. The "-" and "+" in search string make a BIG Difference.

I tried it out just now and got ONLY pages with Win32 :(

Regards,

m^e