xisto Community
supapinoy87

Keyboard Cleaner ITS DANGEROUS lol.

so, we all know the keyboard cleaner spray cans. a buddy of mine turned one upside down and sprayed it on his arm. and now he has battle scars from it. i highly suggest against it. haha. but it's fun to play with. that's for sure.

thats really weird because its compressed air.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not really that weird Ramfan22890 :), as you said it is compressed air, but when air is compressed it turns to a liquid (which is very cold, a good example of this is Liquid Nitrogen :) lovely stuff) and when the can is used the liquid evaporates and turns back into a gas (air) and if the can is turned upside down then the liquid is forced out quicker which means that Supapinoy87's "buddy" had the "liquid air" make contact with his/her skin, and basically the "liquid air" froze the skin and created frost-bite(freezer burn) as mentioned before by Totalgorepresident. :)

I had a can of compressed air but I somehow broke the nozzle button thingy off (I think I knocked the can off my desk) and trust me, if you break the nozzle thingy off, its isn't a good idea to try and use it again :)

I don't use keyboard cleaner because my keys never seem to get dirty. They have dust in between them, but that doesn't bother me since it doesn't cause any problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol my keyboard has dog hair and dust

so i need one

but its also fun to play wit them by turning them upside down

and freezing things

This makes me fear those cleaner things...Why can't they just make a can of actual compressed air instead of this dangerous liquid air stuff...I mean sure it's more compact...but...very...DANGEROUS...!

Yep 4 my desktop i never use keyboard cleaners..! Wot i do is Remove all screws ... And remove the circuit and plastic connectors And take the keyboard for washing..! Rub that with Soap And clean It sparkling cleen..! after drying i put on and Tighten.. :D Well u may find this weird But Thats how Im..! Atleast im Away from dangerous chemicals..!

Rubbing alcohol on a qtip works for the surface dirt on the keys.If you have dust around the keys and you don't happen to have a can of dangerous compressed air, try a toothpick. You can get a lot of crud out with one of those pointy sticks. Warning: a sharp toothpick can put your eye out!Shaking the keyboard yields all sorts of crumbs, hair, nail clippings and other treasures.Still, we need to keep our keyboards ready to input.My "E" key looks warn. Wonder if I use that key more than the others?

I think it tells you on the can not to do that. And yes, it's some sort of freezing chemical, like liquid nitrogen :D My dad showed me, he sprayed a Sharpie over the sink once, put a nice frosted glaze on it.