xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musichere

Ip Problems

I keep getting messages about server problems on Xisto and also on my personal web site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).I know these are problems with my IP address becuase I can still access these websites through a proxy server.The thing is this is incresingly annoying to have to search for an open proxy every time I want to access Xisto.Does anyone know what's going on and if something on the Xisto server is stopping me from accessing files?Thanks

The problem is your DNS setting for oboists.co.uk is not pointing to the right server. You have to setup your DNS to point to astahosts name servers.
This is your DNS record:

How I am searching:Searching for oboists.co.uk ALL record at m.root-servers.net [202.12.27.33]: Got referral to NSB.NIC.uk. [took 147 ms]
Searching for oboists.co.uk ALL record at NSB.NIC.uk. [204.74.113.44]: Reports nshost3.st2.lyceu.net. [took 48 ms]

Answer:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer
oboists.co.uk. NS IN 172800 nshost3.st2.lyceu.net.
oboists.co.uk. NS IN 172800 nshost2.st2.lyceu.net.
oboists.co.uk. NS IN 172800 nshost1.st2.lyceu.net.

To see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are reporting the correct results, you can Click Here.

Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these are not cached results.
These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right now (unless they have cached information

And here is my correct DNS information:

How I am searching:Searching for ngc.astahost.com ALL record at l.root-servers.net [198.32.64.12]: Got referral to J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 101 ms]
Searching for ngc.astahost.com ALL record at J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.48.79.30]: Got referral to ns2.astahost.com. [took 200 ms]
Searching for ngc.astahost.com ALL record at ns2.astahost.com. [209.152.167.59]: Reports mail.ngc.astahost.com. [took 130 ms]

Answer:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer
ngc.astahost.com. MX IN 14400 mail.ngc.astahost.com. [Preference = 0]
ngc.astahost.com. SOA IN 14400 ns1.astahost.com. root.panda.unixbsd.info. {2005010202, 14400, 7200, 3600000, 86400}
ngc.astahost.com. NS IN 14400 ns2.astahost.com.
ngc.astahost.com. NS IN 14400 ns1.astahost.com.
ngc.astahost.com. A IN 14400 69.50.168.69

To see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are reporting the correct results, you can Click Here.

Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these are not cached results.
These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right now (unless they have cached information).