xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Firefox Hits The 50 Million Download Mark New Landmark ;)

Hi guys,

Our beloved FireFox Browser hit the 50 million-th download mark today. We were all present at their irc room on irc.mozilla.org channel #spreadfirefox and had a gala party with a whole bunch of people from around the world - taking part in the countdown.

I managed to catch a snapshot of their live counter at 50 million and 1 downloads - here's the Snapshot:

Posted Image

This was by far one of the most exciting online events I took part in recently...

50 million Cheers to FireFox :P

Yay! it is a nice feeling to think that i took part in helping it get to 50 million by downloading Firefox. And i am sure many people will continue downloading it for years to come unless a better browsers comes out.woo!

Good'ol FireFox! Its not a wonder how it managed to get to the 50 million mark after so many published computer books started recommending FireFox for new users as many of them say "Internet Explorer is a virus-magnet". I mean, who would not want Firefox? Its got all the cool features iexplore doesn't have. Especially themes and tabs. The small little google search at the top right-hand corner was a real goodie too if you didn't change your default Firefox homepage. OK maybe most "tollbars" don't work with Firefox but hey, FireFox has everything you need alread yright here! :(

Firefox is obviously the choice for anyone picking a browser. I mean it's the clear choice... It's so much faster then IE, better protected, and just all around easier to use. Since I switched over a long time ago, I haven't regreted anything. I can surf the web so much faster. And yeah the tabs are definitely really cool. I hate when IE sites get "piled up" as I like to call it. It's makes me angry since if you have more then like 5 windows open then you can't see what to change to without going down. I like firefox so much better. I also really like the features like the google bar and the news headlines. It is true that a lot of toolbars don't work but who cares? It's only because firefox WAS the new guy in town for a while. Watch when all these toolbars suddenly become made for firefox. As you can see, I love firefox :D . Keep up the good work guys :( .

Firefox hitting 50 million downloads is amazing. Such a safe program. I just love using firefox. I cant even remember how I surfed the web with IE hehe. The firefox developers have been hard at work such a great program. Im glad we (the internet) enjoy firefox so much! :(

I dont know how i ever went w/o firefox with IE...IE sucks....lol! like the first reply I'm glad im a part of this... part of the 50mill...Maybe 5 or 6 downloads!I wonder how many individual IP's use firefox???

And that number doesnt even come close to the number of firefox users.All those gentoo users out there who downloaded firefox source and compiled themselves, all those linux users who got firefox in the install CD.i wonder what the actual number of users is ???

And that number doesnt even come close to the number of firefox users.
All those gentoo users out there who downloaded firefox source and compiled themselves, all those linux users who got firefox in the install CD.

i wonder what the actual number of users is ???

Linux uses firefox as the default browser???
yea theres prob a few million more!

That is GREAT, I just posted about lots of firefox tweeks in this new section (don't know if its the right place...). Open source is 50 million times better than paid programmers software. You have to ask yourself the question: whats better? A room full of people paid to do what they are doing, or a world wide audience who are doing what they do cause they enjoy it?

There are many reasons why people are switching over to Mozilla Firefox or other alternative web browsers and the main reason being the security of these browsers that seem to have less security vulnerabilities than IE but that will soon change as long as more users turn to such "safer" alternatives, attackers will soon follow suit so it isn't the amount of users downloading Firefox that worries me...it's the amount of attackers targeting it. Given Mozilla's status as an open source organisation, I trust that they will provide a swift response to these threats like what Microsoft did to get SP2.