xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kurt18th

Arcanum good game that no one plays

Have any of you ever played Arcanum? It was a very good RPG. One of the best I have ever played. I never really meet anyone who has played it. Just wondering if you guys have. If you haven't then I recommend you go and pick it up.

yeah I have it. It's one of the best RPGs ever. It was created by some of the guys who did Fallout. I love that game because you can be really creative with it. There are so many combinations of things you can be. I love how they blended magic with technology. Great game.

Yes... I agree - it's a great game... Also world is huge when you try to travel not with map, but by foot :P

Arcanum. What struck me most about this game was its open-cahracter creation. Instesd of having classes, you decide what attributes, skills, or spells to give to your character. You could anything from a dwarf sniper,to a half-ogre fighter, or an elven smithy. Another thing was the balance between majick and technology. If youre a powerful mage you can bet on not getting a good dealfrom the gun smith and guns may not even work for you. The same goes to technologists and majick weaponry. With all this you expect they must have slacked off on the plot, well they didn't. It twists and turns, taking you from fantastic location to fantastic location. And the voice acting is well done, you can hear the uncertainty in virgils voice when you ask him of his past. Combine this with good graphics and excellent turn-based or real-time combat and you have a brilliant game.

Yes, Arcanum has to have some of the best voice acting I have ever heard. The story was great. Too bad I could never actually finish that game. I found it very hard to beat the last parts of the game when your a halfling thief who just steals basically everything to win. Though some parts I needed to actually fight. I just usually used my party to do that for me.

OMG! Arcanum IS a really awesome game. Im surprised it didnt become famous like Final Fantasy and all that other mumbo jumbo. This game IS really amazing, and I agree that the voice acting really added a nice tough. Such a great game, many factors of it make it really realistic too. Wow, it's been a while since I've played it too! This brings back good memories! :(

Nope - it isn't free but you can get it for almost free - I bought it yesterday... in Poland it was sold with GameStar for 2.5$ - this isn't very high cost, don't you think? But this game is worth even 25$ not only 2.5$ :( Just take look around - it is 2 CD's...