xisto Community
finaldesign1405241487

How To Punish A Client? when he steal your work...

Hi!I've recently designed some web for one client, and after 6 months he refuses to pay me my money, and when I uploaded my work to his servers just to see how it works, he changed all access passwords and now he claims that my work is not good enough, and that Im too slow at that...So how to communicate with clients like that? should I just bruteforce into his web and delete everything? what would you do in that kind of situation... ? :P

Well...I think you should do these things if you make something for someone.First, create the site on your own server, and ask if the client likes it, if he does, let him pay up and then send him his stuff. If not, no sweat, just rm.But this helpes of course nothing to your current situation, I think that you just have to step to him in person and ask him your money OR return of your stuff. Or else, I would start a legal procedure (only if it's a quite big deal of money of course).

well...if you are certified to do this kind of work for money...i suggest you take legal actioins :P if not...destroy him :P :P :P (i would use a key logger and grab the new passwords...then change the password on him :P)

tell him what you can do to him becoz you shud have some way to contact him through your site, tell him and ask him to be professional and pay your money, or just give me my contents back, thats nopt fair that he is using as well as no paying.....i will pray for you money...:Pcheers up

hey people, thanks for your support... I have a plan now:1.st I will wait for a week or soo, just to make client to think that I let go that agreement between us, and I forgot about it...2.nd I'll keep sending him on email a keylogger until he actually gets infected with it...3.rd And I will constantly run Bruteforce attack on his cpanel...:> :> So, we will see what will happen.... :P

well...if you are certified to do this kind of work for money...i suggest you take legal actioins  :P  if not...destroy him :P :P :P (i would use a key logger and grab the new passwords...then change the password on him  :P)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am certified to do that kind of work, and Im a proffesional, but my mistake was that I never signed contract with that client because I trusted him, so I believed that we can sign contract later, but stupid guy cheated on me... so now I have no rights because there is no evidence that I made that files, because either me or him we both have save copy of files (he even hase one copy on his computer like me....)

no contract? that's not very proffessional, now is it? :Pbe carefull with keyloggers. as you will understand, keyloggers need info about where they have to send the info to. which would be your emailaddress or your ip address or something alike. this also means that, if he takes his computer to a computerstore, they have proof that you tried to steal or already stole his password. just **** up his site. if he has a guestbook, enter silly stuff and publicity. subscribe his emailaddress in every mailing list on the earth. try if you can still access his database, he might have forgotten to change the password.or try sql injection. you know all the names of the tables, so it might just work.oh yeah: i never gave you this advice :P

finaldesign,Don't do silly things like sending keyloggers via email. If this were to take legal action, he's got evidence suggesting that it is his work and you tried stealing it from him. Not a good thing.I have had this happen before, no contracts because I trusted the person. When this happened, I thought fine, I used the exact site template on another one of my customers site and then made my customer speak to him saying that his template is copyrighted to him and that he is using stolen work and that he would press legal matters.He quickly took down his site and that was the last of that.Cheers,MC

no payment NO WEBSITE , Send him to hell, you dont have evidences that you made the site , but he also doesn't has envidences that you made the site SO STOP DOING IT , an NON UPDATE WEBSITE DOESN'T work properly ... or hack this SUCKER

It´s very necessary contracts. Everybody finish trusting on client because believe his a nice guy and will pay the work. NO!Dont believe in your father, mother, brothers. Make a contract with anyone who need you hand service.Acchile.

Did you make him sign a contract before designing it? If so, then he is in breach of contract and you can find that you will get 3 times as much as what you would have if he had paid you. OrSend him an email with a virus in it that deletes the files in which you created.

I am certified to do that kind of work, and Im a proffesional, but my mistake was that I never signed contract with that client because I trusted him, so I believed that we can sign contract later, but stupid guy cheated on me... so now I have no rights because there is no evidence that I made that files, because either me or him we both have save copy of files (he even hase one copy on his computer like me....)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are a professional don't stop being one. Don't do anything against the law or anything that could damage your professional integrity and, above all, don't do anything against your morals. :P

You made the mistake of not signing a contract or, as it has been said before, to keep evidence of your correspondence. It's time for you to accept this: it was your fault in the first place! You can see your gaining valuable experience doing this work as a kind of compensation. :P

If after 6 months your client has not paid you and there is no legal way you can prove you made the work then it's better for you to move on and not distract your normal professional development. The best way to do this is forgiving him, which implies not holding a grudge against him, against anyone. I do believe that in the long term you will find out that this is the best alternative: :P

From shadows to the Light! God bless you! :P

finaldesign,

Don't do silly things like sending keyloggers via email.  If this were to take legal action, he's got evidence suggesting that it is his work and you tried stealing it from him.  Not a good thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for advice, I didn't done anything yet, your opinion seems to me like a good idea, now only problem now is how to find a client in that short time, and apply to him a same layout and design, this would be kind'a hard to do, but I'll try... As of my previous idea.. Im still waiting for right time...