xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Difference Between Virus Protection And Cleaning

There's a difference between Virus Protection and Virus Cleaning.If your shield is set up well and kept updated, you will need no cleaning. But what if it happened anyway ?Right - it is too late. If you do not prepare you will have to go find a clean computer to get the tools then.My advice: get them now. At the latest and for free.* First choice imho is the Mc Afee Avert Stinger when it comes to free all-in-one virus-removal tools ...Best, it even fits on a floppy disk if you got no usb stickwhereto all these recommended cleaners should go - soon. * Avast offers a similar tool, the avast! cleaner * With nice features like including/excluding virusesfrom being scanned for, which may speed-up things greatly, comes Grisoft's ( AVG ) vCleaner. * Slow but working is the a-squared tool - you still need a working internet connection though, to install. A clear minus.on my USB stick, they are all together, nicely maintainedand periodicly updated ... even a totally shot hd wouldn'tprevent me from getting back into my computer instantlyand starting recovery by help of an ermergency system. :P

Hi all,Nice post soleimanian.For other members who need info on anti-virus & other "bug" removal programs.. you can check out the "links" page at my website.Hope this helpsRGPHNX